Pulled motor in woods - warped crankshaft

Bryan

Got the motor in the garage.  Had a slight mishap and rode the see saw.  Didn't get hurt or damage anything. 

Also, oil pan had a small hole in it looks from rust. Pan was dry and caked inside, maybe most of it dried up.  Going back out to look for any number on crank (if it was turned).  Crank doesn't appear rusty, just caked in dried oil.

Trailer tilted.jpg

Motor  in garage.jpg

Motor woods.jpg

Oil sump.jpg

Crank woods Dodge.jpg

Oh boy. Quite a corroded mess. I had my fingers crossed for something a bit better looking. Must have been out there in the forest for many decades.  I'd be looking around for more engine options. If you are patient they are out there. I have had many options for used engines cross my path over the past 4 years.

Too bad you are so far away… I have a freshly machined crank and I think one that needs machining…. Not feasible to ship!

Edited by nonstop

4 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Oh boy. Quite a corroded mess. I had my fingers crossed for something a bit better looking. Must have been out there in the forest for many decades.  I'd be looking around for more engine options. If you are patient they are out there. I have had many options for used engines cross my path over the past 4 years.

We're away for a while. When I get back I'll measure the journals.  I think that one main is really ground down. Ridge is so high you can see it from 5 ft away. I'm going to start a motor parts warehouse. 😉