Sunday drive

Pete

I finally got my 1939 Plymouth out for a decently long ride. I had a long painful time getting new window glass for my rear vent windows. Lots of problems getting the tinted glass and rubber that wasn't a horrible fit. Didn't want to take it out without the glass in except for short local drives on sunny days. I started that job last January and just finished on Friday.

Yesterday I drove it to a car club meeting. All back roads in Vermont. Very hilly and lots of curves. About 2 hours each way. The temperature was in the mid-90s. The temp gauge went up and down like it's supposed to, and never went over 190 degrees even on the long uphills in third gear. The car drove like a dream. I'm a happy boy.

One of the club members drove his 1931 Chrysler dual cowl phaeton. A beautiful car.

Pete

37631995_Petes1939Plymouth.jpg.39637673bb51c48a725fdbd745fe2979.jpg

• Like 12