I Find this car interesting, others may enjoy it.

Los_Control

This week 1953, five months after leaving White House, ex-President Harry Truman took Bess alone on 19-day roadtrip from Independence, Mo., to East Coast and back in their new Chrysler New Yorker:

I really have no idea or control over the press.

I can picture in my mind Truman buying a 53, then later buying a 55. Then the Journalist mixing up the story completely.

I'm only saying I thought the story interesting ... If you appreciate Truman or not .... I imagine they had a new car as soon as they thought they wanted one.

The fact the news reporter pointed it out as a 1953 in 1955 ......

Or is it really a 1953 ? I'm pretty sure the journalist is a idiot & the car is real?

• Like 1

Here are the details:

"Harry Truman's Excellent Adventure: The True Story of a Great American Road Trip"

On Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Harry-Trumans-Excellent-Adventure-Matthew/dp/1569767076/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1656332399&sr=8-1

Pete

Well, the ad does say this is NOT the car he took on that road trip.  It also says "restored"...but it doesn't run.  Still a nice car, though.   I'd leave it for a buyer to decide if it's $83K nice.

Edited by Dan Hiebert