Big truck guys ...

jsd245

I'm looking at a used flatbed for my GA. I think it will be faster and cheaper that trying to fabricate one. It has I think the right look. 

But its 8 feet wide. On my truck that looks like it will stock about 6 inches past the tire. That seems too big to me. 

If anyone is inclined, that has a big truck with a flatbed, could you take pictures of your truck head on and from the rear and tell

Me how  wide your flatbed is? 

I guess the question is “looks” right. Mine is 8’ width and some would say it looks to wide. I personally think the width the law allows is what my goal would be if you use the truck. My 2006 3500 is a few inches short of 8’ and I would prefer it to be the 8’6 width. 

Ok.....I measured my 1.5 to 2 ton trucks....all of them are duallys and came in a few inches shorter then 8 feet.

1947 to 1955 Dodge Trucks.

48D

Yep dually. I took a careful measurement today, 7’4” would overhang on each side’s outside tire a couple inches, so might be ok. Thanks for everyone’s help.