Tranny Oil coming out bearing retainer sleeve

Boring Phil

I have a standard three speed transmission with overdrive in my P 14 sedan. It has oil coming out of the nose of the bearing retainer sleeve, dripping into the clutch area. I have pulled the transmission, checked the return oil hole, Put a new bearing retainer sleeve on the transmission, and sealed all of the appropriate holes on the face of the transmission. I have been careful not to cover the oil return hole with the bearing retainer gasket. I did grind an enlargement inside the retainer sleeve (where the internal spiral thread ends) .It still pours oil out through the sleeve along the input shaft. I’ve talked to some pretty knowledgeable people, who have not been able to come up with any better possible solutions than I have. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps someone changed the front bearing on the transmission and put one in that  does not have a shield on the back of it. I have not pulled the tranny and checked that yet. It is the simple problems that drive me nuts. I have a 2nd identical OD tranny that was in the car - and it never lost a drop of oil. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Phil L. / Cascade Pacific Plymouth Club Tech Committee.

Does the input shaft bearing have a shield on it facing the inside of trans?

11 hours ago, Sniper said:

He already talked about that

Thank you...I thought I read the OP's complete post. Guess not....I was in a rush to use the potty when I read it?

Took care of it....he wasn't too mean to me.

Maybe he knows or was taught to be lenient and more tolerant with older folks.

3 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Took care of it....he wasn't too mean to me.

Maybe he knows or was taught to be lenient and more tolerant with older folks.

Must be like me at 65.  Can wash my hands or hear water running and have to run.

• Haha 1