1940 Dodge D14 Wheels and Rims

Aaron Mac

Hey everyone, I am in the process of restoring my old D14 (well actually a Canadian D16 but close enough!) and I realized the previous owner had one rim that wasn't original. The car is suppose to have 600 x 16" wheels but one of my rims is a 15". So I have two questions:

1. Where is the best place to find a OEM rim, center cap (with the words "Dodge" in print not cursive), and the chrome beauty ring (I think that's what its called haha). 

2. I realized that I need tubes with the four new 600 x 16" rubber I got. I believe it is a TR15 valve stem (comparing to what is on the car now) but I am unsure of the tube size itself. I've heard a G16 tube would work. What are people's thoughts on the tube (and cheapest place to buy!)

Thanks in advance for the help folks!

20220619_132456.jpg

20220619_132505.jpg

Edited by Aaron Mac
Added photos

I have a full set hanging on the wall of my garage, they were original to the car, unfortunately after getting them rechromed back in the early 70's before I hotrodded the car I was in a line of fellow club members when an idiot coming the other way swerved into the side of my car, clipped the front drivers side fender and hit the protruding rear fender ripping it straight off and sending it over the roof of the rod behind me.......he, the idiot hit the tyre then the rim and hubcap with its nice shiney chrome sending the hubcap into the bush beside the road, never to be found again......lol...........so as far as I know there is a place on Henry Lawsons Road at Milperra, Sydney NSW which should still have a nice re chromed 1940 Dodge hubcap, although it may have the odd dent.............I found an extra 1940 Dodge hubcap a few years later but by that stage I was running alloy mags...........BTW I'm not trying to be a smartarse.............the right hubcap will turn up, they are not that special but I understand your pain as I was not happy at the time I lost the one from my car..........I took a pic of the rear fender but can't locate it now......instead of about 3 foot long by 2 foot high it ended up being about 1 foot long and 3foot high with little squares where each of the bolts had ripped little squares off and all the bolts had a little 1x2" piece of metal under each....the body was fine except for the front edge adjacent to the door which was a little squashed.......lol.....taught me a bit more panelbeating .........lol..........you'll find one................regards from Oz.....Andy Douglas      

P1010403.JPG

Hi Aaron 

I have a rim that I am not useing nor will I ever . Its a 16 inch rim .5 bolt pattern Approx 4.5 inches  width of rim from lip to lip is 4.5 inches 

Let me know if you could use .

John

Andy I have been looking for an excuse to go back to Australia so maybe I can plan a trip around searching for your missing hub cap haha! I can understand your pain of fixing up the car only to have it damaged again. Very frustrating!

Cannuck, I think that is the perfect size that I am looking for. The only spec I don't have is the width of the rim (I can have this checked in the next day or two as I'll be back at the farm where the car is). What would you be wanting for the rim? Thanks in advance!

Aaron