Accent Color Identification for Steering Wheel Centre on D-14

Marcel Backs

I am looking to get the correct match for the dark color used on the steering wheel center cap on my 1940 D14 deluxe. This color also appears on the horn ring and in the recesses of the chrome dash inserts  It appears to be a satin dark brown but from the included picture that I found on line I cannot nail it down. Any suggestions with IDing this shade would be greatly appreciated. All the Best to everyone M6424054617_514f791742_b.jpg.2a360c47a5884e000d5a9b2cbd5179ef.jpg1577883537_full(16).jpg.8ce97b6895f0c8cd798270c499a93180.jpg

I known that this is probably no help but as a fellow 1940 Dodge owner I'll throw my Oz 2 cents in.....the Oz cars, mine being a D15D had a similar colour steering wheel and what I think was a Plymouth style of centre button but had a fully circular horn ring rather than the 2/3rds version your car has........also my dash was very badly faded but from memory, say 48 yrs ago, more like that shown in the pic with the off white steering wheel..........I painted the whole dash the body colour in the mid 1970's and replaced the whole steering column & wheel at that time..........so I ain't much help....lol....heres apic of my albeit RHD dash & wheel........and the recessed on the dash chrome on my car were originally painted red.......when I had the dash pieces rechromed 48 yrs ago I never bothered to re paint thos again........regards, Andyd    

P1010404.JPG

P1010399.JPG

• Like 1

Guys...heres a couple of pics from an original 1940 Oz Dodge sales brochure I have....note the red car pictured has the US style Dodge fenders,hood & headlight surrounds but the straight Plymouth style bumper, my car is a D15D or deluxe like the green car pictured yet has the rear seat centre armrest & adjustable door armrests but as pictured on the green car it has the Plymouth fenders, short hood, headlight surrounds & bumper..my car had leather front & rear seats with cloth door card upholstery........andyd  2119249984_img004(12).jpg.d90ec2c1ce28da96d3ae09a430892d28.jpg 

img004 (14).jpg