Dual carbs next step

Frank Gooz

The next step for dual carbs on my 1950 Dodge with a gyro matic transmission. When i make a new wiring harness for both carbs will the Breaker and the resistor be strong enough.

I am not very good with electronics. any advice on this I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

Frank

Not sure what the question is.  Are you asking will it handle the current draw with your new wiring?  Yes, wiring has no bearing on current draw as long as it's properly sized.  Too small and it starts to act like a resistor, too big isn't an issue other than weight. 

Maybe those that know the gyromatic trans can chime in, but do you need both carbs outfitted, or will just one of them work?  I'm thinking you only need one of them wired up.  Looking at the wiring diagram, looks like the solenoid is the major load.  I doubt you need to worry about the resistor or breaker.

med_gallery_5630_338_94608.jpg

Edited by Sniper
  • Like 1

Provided I understand the question correctly, only one carburetor needs to be wired.  It is simply a switch for the trans.  Wiring up the second one only seems to add more complication to it.

You would only need one kickdown switch. to tell the transmission to downshift.   Some people have rigged a kickdown switch on the accelerator linkage, separate from the carburetor.   It just has to know that the pedal has been floored. 

Would you need the anti-stall control on both carburetors?  maybe, maybe not.