Price shopping

Sniper

Needed to order some parts.  I needed some water outlet gaskets and motor/trans mounts for the Cambridge.  So I went to rock auto and priced them out.  Then I went to Amazon to price the same items out.  Used Rockauto vs Amazon, identical part numbers compared. 

Thermostat outlet gasket
GATES    33625 (10 qty)
RA $2.50 (10 qty)
Amazon $16.22 (10 qty)
Ebay $4.82 (10 qty)

Trans mount (2 qty)
DEA  A2014
RA $5.22
Amazon $22.06
Ebay $21.10

Engine mount (qty 1)
DEA  A2018
RA $5.42
Amazon $7.64
Ebay $17.95

Prices are totaled.  All Amazon and Ebay parts have free shipping.  Taxes not included in above prices.  RA shipping for all items totaled $10.99.

Delivered to my door costs (less taxes)

RA $24.13
Amazon $45.92
Ebay $43.87

Rockauto for the win.  Even without taxes included

I did try Napa, Autozone Advanced Auto and O'reilly's but they had no listing for the mounts online from any manufacturer. 

One thing you do need to do with RockAuto to optimize costs is try to buy from the same warehouse location.  If you have an item in your cart and you are getting another item, there will be a little pinkish orange truck next to any part number that is in the same warehouse as your item(s) in the cart.  There may also be a box in the upper right corner of your parts listings that will say "Choose for Me to Minimize Cost "  see picture below.

RA.JPG

5 minutes ago, nonstop said:

Did that include the 5% off at RA with the coupon?  Does not make that much of a difference sometimes, but might as well throw that in as well!

Yes it does, I forgot to mention that.  Sometimes Amazon has coupons too, if they do I apply them.