Speedometer connection

The seal is not in the cable. It is in the transmission where the cable screws on. It isn’t hard to replace. If that seal is bad you will leak fluid even with a new cable. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am ready to re-install the speedometer in the dash.  What is the path for the cable.  Does it go through the firewall and then down under the floor to the trnasmission?  What route.  Do I cross over the engine along the firewall to get to the passendger side and then drop down or do I drop down the firewall on the driver side and cross over to the pseenger side to connect the cable?   Is this the speedometer cable and the correct spot to pass through the firwall?

Underhood.jpg

The cable exits the cab at the center hole with a notch cut out on the upper foot board at the base of the inner firewall. There is a 1/4” hole on the firewall about five inches up, to attach a cable clamp. Rick D.

I have it routed to the transmission.  Now I can't connect the cable.  The bracket for the emergency brake is in front of the cable connection.  I think if I remove the emergency brake bracket I can connect the cable.  It appears there is enough clearance once the cable is connected to reinstall the brake bracket.  From the angle in the pic it doesn't look like it but the bracket is in front of the lower portion of the cable connection. 

SpeedometerTransmission.jpg

• 3 weeks later...