Vent windows...

Plymouthy Adams

I wish we could get such quality fit for our old mopars as found for the little LBC I am currently working....makes one wonder the very prices for sure.  Here in this picture are a set of stainless window frames to replace my painted as found on the commercial vehicles.  The vent latch lever is well made chrome plated combined with the two seals, less than 30.00 dollars combine per vent...the vents are on par in size to our cars by the way...

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

An example.  Washer pump for a 65 Cuda, $68.78

https://www.moparmall.com/Windshield-Washer-Pump-for-1961-1965-MoPar-B-Body-p/809-073.htm

Washer pump for a 65 Mustang, $33.95

https://classicautomotiveltd.com/products/1965-1966-mustang-windshield-washer-pump-1-speed-acp

The difference, aside from cost?

it has a lot to do with supply and demand but also a lot (much) has to do with the licensing fees and such.  Ma Mopar makes a bundle from this I am told by repop folks when I inquire of an item of interest not being found.  With the higher fees one must have a large market for the repopped item to come out ahead given their sample back to the licensing agent meets production approval.    I fully understand the cost of the hobby...pay to play often is very high on some ticket items.   I have cars whose items here where the parts are NLA, not repopped and NOS is dear and high price...one hood emblem for the 62 Polara, 1700.00 asking....while I consider that off the wall...that is the current price and I am not sure it ever sold.   Supply and demand but like most owners, the dang car finds favor in my eyes.

This pretty much in a nutshell also is what sets each model out of 'popularity'  Many folks that have been down the road a way with any old car in this hobby quickly learns what cars are supported and those that are not.  Supported cars are more numerous by this standard and often higher prices as they have the less crusty trim and interiors.  They also for the most part have a pedigree (number match) which is great for collectors and museum pieces.  Could go on but most everyone here knows the drill.  Just not sure folks know that Ma Mopar shoots their loyal followers in the foot on way too many things.  Even with the LBC's I own, same car in the motherland is more on pedigree than condition.  With the MOT and documentation permanent to the car...this is understood and they cannot grasp the idea that each state here have their own version of registration requirements and allowances.

I need a washer fluid bag for my 64. The Mopar one is $$$$ but the same bag with a Ford logo for mustangs is $18. Apparently you take gojo hand cleaner and the Ford logo comes right off...

10 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Just think of it as taking another Ford off the road.......lol

I guess you could do that with a washer bag...I usually do it with my front bumper....lol.

48D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1