R10 overdrives

Booger

Remember you’re getting “a pig in a poke”

You have no idea if they are any good. To me they looked like they’ve been under water.

The seller wants $1,000 each, not sure that will happen.

The last one I bought on ebay, I paid $475 and it turned out to be in good shape (and it looked better than those).

The safe thing would be to offer $1,500 for all three and hope you can get one good one, or make one good one out of the three.

I have been hunting for a R10, and saw those. I am unwilling to gamble $1k on those mudballs. The seller gives just enough info to be suspicious.

If I had $3000 worth of transmission to sell, I would pressure wash them, drain oil to check for water, and check that they turn smooth and that regular shift levers can move normally. Kinda the least you can do, unless you know they are out of flood cars, and are nearly locked up, and don't care if they sell.

On the flip side, shipping is included, so really they are $750+shipping.

Maybe people will snap them up, I don't know.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 5:45 AM, FarmerJon said:

I have been hunting for a R10, and saw those. I am unwilling to gamble $1k on those mudballs. The seller gives just enough info to be suspicious.

If I had $3000 worth of transmission to sell, I would pressure wash them, drain oil to check for water, and check that they turn smooth and that regular shift levers can move normally. Kinda the least you can do, unless you know they are out of flood cars, and are nearly locked up, and don't care if they sell.

On the flip side, shipping is included, so really they are $750+shipping.

Maybe people will snap them up, I don't know.

I was going to swing by the guys place in a couple weeks, actually has four of them and might try lowball him on the lot.This one popped up in SC, guy is/was asking $150, smoking deal but too far away to make it worth a designated road trip after.

Screenshot_20220612-071116_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roadtractor said:

I was going to swing by the guys place in a couple weeks, actually has four of them and might try lowball him on the lot.This one popped up in SC, guy is/was asking $150, smoking deal but too far away to make it worth a designated road trip after.

He's in range of me, and about 40 miles from my step-son.  Wonder how something like this would work with a 1948 Dodge fluid drive?

6 hours ago, Roadtractor said:

Is that a Facebook post?  Could not find it.