1941 luxury liner

JD luxury liner

Well....I've looked at it quite a few times actually........do I want it?............well yeh but my problem is that I live in Australia.......lol.........I noted that there is no rear windscreen which will be an issue here in Oz as these coupes, all of them, all Dodge/DeSoto & Chrysler business coupes from 1941 to 1948 were never sold here so a rear windscreen here in Oz will not be an easy find...........also do you have any more pics, ie, of the interior floor, rockers and sills, lower cowl, rear trunk floor, inner rear fender area inside doors etc.....you also mention that the engine has been reco'd........exactly what was done to it, what was replaced, etc.........thanks, Andy Douglas

• Like 1

Well, my opinion is that your real optimistic in your price.

I bought my 51 in much, much better shape for less than half that.

You may very well have more than your asking price invested in it, but your looking for a unicorn buyer, imo.

I have no idea as far as price. I see some crazy high asking prices asked for these types of cars online. I don't know if they ever sell them though, and if they do what do they end up taking. It is a three window coupe, which is a plus, but it is a Dodge. That limits the buyer pool somewhat. My '41 is very similar, but it is on the road and a "drive it today vehicle". Not a show car by any means but a good driver. I would hope to get slightly more than your asking price for mine if I were to sell it, but I don't know if I could or not. In some ways, if I were a buyer, I might be more interested in yours than mine since I could finish it my own way. Some people prefer a turnkey vehicle over a project though. Having said all that, which means nothing, I wish you luck with the sale. It is a '41 Dodge Business Coupe, It doesn't get any cooler than that! If you do Facebook I would suggest placing an ad here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1745684212385388/ here  https://www.facebook.com/groups/FlatheadMoparParts/ here https://www.facebook.com/groups/323302901424137/ and here https://www.facebook.com/groups/145020766030540/

Because it's not finished, it's hard to give it an accurate price estimate.

The 2020 Collector Car Price Guide lists your car in in

#4 condition "GOOD - A drivable vehicle needing no or only minor work to be functional. All components may need restoration to be 'excellent', but the vehicle is mostly usable 'as is'. $5,660.

# 3 condition "VERY GOOD - Completely operable original or older restoration showing wear. Also a good amateur restoration, all presentable and serviceable inside and out. Plus combinations of well-done restoration and good operable components or a partially restored vehicle with all parts necessary to complete and/or valuable NOS parts.

$12,740.

So your $8,300 price seems reasonable. As to whether or not you can find THE buyer, I think expanding your ad though other media will help. I've had good luck through Facebook Marketplace. Also BAT (Bring a Trailer) and even Hemmings. I've also found that if you can say that it "runs and drives" you will have better luck. 

I found the ad. I would do more pics of the interior and underneath especially.  Any buyer wants to know if its rusty underneath or not, whether transmission and rear end are leaking, stuff like that.   Also like Bob said "runs and drives".

9 hours ago, Bob Riding said:

Because it's not finished, it's hard to give it an accurate price estimate.

The 2020 Collector Car Price Guide lists your car in in

#4 condition "GOOD - A drivable vehicle needing no or only minor work to be functional. All components may need restoration to be 'excellent', but the vehicle is mostly usable 'as is'. $5,660.

# 3 condition "VERY GOOD - Completely operable original or older restoration showing wear. Also a good amateur restoration, all presentable and serviceable inside and out. Plus combinations of well-done restoration and good operable components or a partially restored vehicle with all parts necessary to complete and/or valuable NOS parts.

$12,740.

So your $8,300 price seems reasonable. As to whether or not you can find THE buyer, I think expanding your ad though other media will help. I've had good luck through Facebook Marketplace. Also BAT (Bring a Trailer) and even Hemmings. I've also found that if you can say that it "runs and drives" you will have better luck. 

Sorry, it doesn't even fall into the good category.  It's a collection of parts right now, some installed, some "available" whatever that means, some missing, some decidedly not stock.  It is a project right now and no pricing guide gives numbers for projects.

Like I said, three might be more invested than the asking price, but it's a project and it's priced like it's a done job.

• Like 2