New Member - 1948 Dodge B1B

Hello - just joined forum. Had a crazy moment end of last year and sold a completely finished old bowtie truck and after looking at everything on Facebook Marketplace an Craigslist for 3 months I purchased an older 1948 Dodge project truck. Reasons I got it, besides being first mesmerized by the beautiful original flathead 6 cylinder, and then finding I was easily able to get my 6' 5" frame into the seat, was I thought it would be a challenge to find missing parts compared to finding parts for Fords or Chevys of same era;  I was right about that one. The truck also has the original 3 speed manual transmission - it needs to be rebuilt or upgraded. It runs, and stops (both slowly). The rear was swapped out - looks like a chevy rear end that cruises well at 60 MPH. The interior and wooden bed were stripped for replacement. She sits in mainly white primer. So far I've used EBay, DCM, and SRPM for parts. Thanks for working with me in advance. I'm sure I'll need the collective forums advice.

1948Truck1.JPG

1948Truck2.JPG

1948Truck3.JPG

1948Truck4.JPG

• Like 4

48-49 are the same needing some paperwork to truly know the difference. They all came with stainless steel grille bars. 1950 is different in a few ways, but hard to tell apart from a street corner. If it has a pull brake from the dash vs the floor, it's most likely a 50. 1948-50 are often considered the best years of the 48-53 era....well, by me. So, good job...Viva la 48-50!!!!!

48D 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

1948-50 are often considered the best years of the 48-53 era....well, by me. So, good job...Viva la 48-50!!!!!

48D 

I'm glad you qualified your statement about best year......  ?

23 hours ago, bkahler said:

I'm glad you qualified your statement about best year......  ?

oh...he would not have gotten away with it....trust me!  :D

• Haha 1