Dual Carbs, dual chokes?

Frank Gooz

When having dual carburetors is dual chokes needed? some of the pictures I was able to find in our forum I am thinking No need for dual chokes.

Would dual chokes be too much.

Thank you

Frank

Don't know if one choke is enough...

In hot country chokes not needed too much...wet cold definite need of proper choke/chokes.

Other factors...Depends on what type of fuel pump...factory mechanical or after market electric. 

With electric no matter how long the car or truck sits with the carbs primed up the engine will start right up...though might not run smooth with out some choke initially.

One choke will help a bit for cold initial running.

Two chokes will make it run right cold.

Factory installed truck twin carbs by Mother MoPar always used twin chokes.

• Like 1

Twin cable choke truck set up is very simple in design as is fast idle....

• Like 1

got twin chokes on my little beast and no such thing as a butterfly either but needed as these carbs don't have the first form of an accelerator pump....

but yes conversation here in the past I recall some say dependent on climate if you need two or suffice with but one I would be one to affix a choke to each carb and maybe a choke anyone that says not needed.....but hey, that is just who I am.

Single choke on rear carb.  Works well in cold miserable weather of central NY.  Had both for 5 years or so.  No discernible difference in cold startes down to mid 20's, or cold damp in the 30's.  Donthave idle step up linkage on front carb.

I started to work up two chokes using the second boss for a second sessons automatic choke on the exhaust manifold, after noticing that Plymouth had moved them in the past. A friend told me it was unnecessary as you only needed one to start the car. So….there’s another vote for a single choke. Sure is a lot simpler.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...