Ignition Switch Help

moparfun

I need help figuring out what parts I'm missing to mount the ignition switch in the dash. I've tried looking for an exploded view to figure what I'm missing but have had no luck. Here are some pics of what I do have. The third pic is of some parts that were under the seat, may be junk or the parts I need? 1954 Plaza wagon (P-25)  THANKS20220602_130908.jpeg.d9087f10922767fec9a9ae7e27dcd00d.jpeg

20220602_131011.jpeg

20220602_131135.jpeg

Is there suppose to be a tab on the back side of the dash that the switch is fastened too ? The back side of my dash has the same profile as the front side in other words, no tab. I thought the bezel might be two parts, the part the switch fastens too and the chrome part (bezel) that you see on the dash face. Bryan, thanks for the picture

Don't know, but there would be a small bracket with a screw hole, and a matching place on the side of the switch if there was.    Some locks just have a very short section of threaded part on them, that you stick out of the dash front and screw a ring onto them.  Doesn't take much to hold them. The main force on them is a twisting motion when you're turning the key.  

You are missing the collar and chrome ring that the switch slides into and is secured by a single screw accessed from below.

Thank You, now I know what to ask for. It's like a lot of items on this project, things were taken apart about 20 yrs ago and I'm having to piece them back together. For example the brake system , the master cylinder and all that is attached to it was removed so I had to piece it all back together, it's back on it's wheels and the brake system is done, now on to the electrical system. Oh yea here's a pic of the wagon0-2.jpg.31ca750746b71948e2c1906395c0afad.jpg

• Like 4