Steve Magnante's latest

Jim Yergin

First time I've ever heard of "potato era" styling...?  Unfortunately, now I won't be able to un-hear that.  I rather enjoy his videos despite the blips.  Who else would do an informational piece on a potato?

3 hours ago, Dan Hiebert said:

First time I've ever heard of "potato era" styling...?  Unfortunately, now I won't be able to un-hear that.  I rather enjoy his videos despite the blips.  Who else would do an informational piece on a potato?

I think he's inventing catch phrases. He called the chrome doohickey on the rear quarter on a '53 Ford a "flying toaster" as if that's what everyone calls it. Maybe they do, I don't know. Whatever...I'll watch any video that pans slowly over 40s and 50s cars in a junkyard.

• Like 2

I see nothing that make me think potato looking at any car unless it was a burnt Citroen, Renault or Peugeot where French Fried would be appropriate.  I had at one time a cartoon of the Pilgrims first land and proclaiming the site Plymouth Rock and on the beach behind them was this huge rock shaped like a 1952 Plymouth....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Some try to be cute and coin their own terms.

I agree and in some cases there may be a similarity in comparing, but in this case if Plymouth is a potato, that in my opinion would make all the others dumplings. As we all know a dumpling is just a blob with no distinction at all.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
the dreaded auto correct
  • Haha 1