251 B help, are 251s all the same?

walrus

Found a 251b Chrysler Canada engine. It came form a cable operated shovel. It has 88421c on the tag, I assume thats a part number or serial number. I have a 251 in 1952 R12 Bombardier thats stuck, spun bearing?  Like to put this engine but it looks different, oil filter housing is different. Exhaust manifold different etc. Is the base engine the same and its just question of swapping intake and exhaust manifolds? etc.  They broke the oil filter casting when taking it out, might be able to weld it or any place I could find a new or used one?

Thanks for any help

Jon

I saw your post on the garage journal.  Didn't know you had already posted here.  Try a new title, using filter info wanted or something like that.   And/or post an ad in the parts wanted area.  But, we need to see a  pic of the filter mount area, up close and clear.  I've never seen a FF on the left side before.

Also Technical Archives doesn't seem to get the same number of looks as the car and truck areas.

Ignore the above struck through.  Don't know what I was thinking, probably visualizing  my mod which installs a FF filter on the rt.

Edited by kencombs

I'm not an expert but I believe most parts are interchangeable. I had the 25" block in mine and swapped to the IND-251, I swapped the intake/exhaust manifold all fit. And the oil filters were aftermarket.

I also had to swap the oil pan from the original 230 truck motor.

So not sure what the B is for, but I would say yes