Frame bump stops

I thought the bigger truck guys might find this interesting- look at the attached picture. This truck had a dump body in it.  I finally got the old dump hoist frame off that i will replace because  I a putting a flatbed dump on it.  Apparently this thing was routinely loaded so heavy that the bump stops it the rear end and slightly bent the bottom web of the frame.  Both sides are identical like this. 

The spring stack on this are so stiff in the back I'm  pretty surprised they could flex that much.  I inspected the whole frame pretty carefully. No cracks or bends anywhere else, unless there is something under the cab which is doubtful. So apparently no harm done and I'll bend them back, but I guess this truck was worked hard in its life. 

image0 (5).jpeg

• Like 1

You made me look ?

both my GA’sC3F72D1E-A248-4BAB-9FA8-580275D21745.jpeg.1e3179fcb13c93e3074b5a7c0ecc352a.jpeg and the HH

B928CDDE-219D-4A85-9C1B-34B50915832B.jpeg.35f1a82d59976d5f671a21b326c340d4.jpeghave a bend in that area as well, the HH seems to be at the taper 

You don't think that is an intentional bend do you? On that last picture you show it looks like a sharper change to the angle. Almost like it was made that way?  On the first picture and on my truck it looks much more like a gradual bend was put in it from sitting on the bump stops. I guess they are there for a reason, but man, that's a lot of spring to bend. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use