1951 Plymouth Cambridge

Jim Yergin

It's a called a club coupe, not a 2 door post, lol.  Special DeLuxe, not Super Deluxe.  Lol, the distributor was shoved into the oil fill tube, not where it belongs.  They didn't pierce all dashboards for a radio.  My 51 has a smooth delete plate, no punch outs for a radio.

Magnante really botched this one.

• Like 2

Does make me wonder why they had the complete no radio plate and then the one in the video with the speaker grill but the radio holes filled in. 

42 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Magnante really botched this one

That distributor really cracked me up ???

Steve is usually pretty good I enjoy his clips. Not sure what his usual occupation is ... I know he works for some of the major auctions describing the cars as they come up on the block. Has worked for some of the major car mags in the past .... Guy really does have a lot of knowledge.

I guess it just shows why he makes the big bucks, how fast he can make stuff up and just blend it right in as normal when confronted with something he does not know.

I always enjoy it when our rides get media attention. The hood lip had what looked like embossed letters. I have a '51 and '52 Suburban (both in need of restoration) and the hood letters are plastic, physical letters. Was that a difference between models or years?

Hood letters.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bob Riding said:

I always enjoy it when our rides get media attention. The hood lip had what looked like embossed letters. I have a '51 and '52 Suburban (both in need of restoration) and the hood letters are plastic, physical letters. Was that a difference between models or years?

Hood letters.jpeg

51s have plastic letters 52s the cast stamped in letters

1 hour ago, Bob Riding said:

Money saving strategy, no doubt, thanks!

Very likely as Chrysler was supplying Korean war items. Lots of little changes between 51 and 52. I've been working on them way too long even though I don't own one anymore. Started helping restore this one when I was about 10.

P7010036.jpg

I've been interested in (and obsessed with) P23's since I was a little kid.   The amount of incorrect information in this video is laughable.   First off, the car is a '52.  It goes downhill from there.  Steve should really have spent more time researching the topic.

BTW, in my experience the Cambridge and Concord cars got the plain radio delete plate and the Cranbrook got the one with a speaker grille.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Very likely as Chrysler was supplying Korean war items. Lots of little changes between 51 and 52. I've been working on them way too long even though I don't own one anymore. Started helping restore this one when I was about 10.

P7010036.jpg

You nailed it, my 51 has no chrome tail light housings, chrome was a critical war material.

As others have pointed out, it is a 52.   Plymouth never made a "Super" Deluxe.    The Belvedere was more expensive  although, strictly speaking the hard top was a "Cranbrook Belvedere"   The convertible was the most expensive  and it was available only as a Cranbrook.    Other cars used bolts to hold the wheels on. most notably Buick.

This guy thinks he is pretty well informed but this account is almost embarrassing . Cringeworthy perhaps.

If he knows anything about Ford, he would know that "Safety" was their selling point in 55-6.