Is this car too new for here?

harmony

2 minutes ago, RNR1957NYer said:

This is as good a place as any to give a shout out to the creators/administrators of the P15-D24 /Pilot House Forum - I've had A and B body and Forward Look cars for decades and came late to the flathead MoPar party - this is the best, most searchable, most helpful forum of all, in my humble opinion!

I don't even bother checking any other antique car forums for tech info, other than the HAMB...one stop shopping, right here.

Edited by ratbailey

5 minutes ago, ratbailey said:

I don't even bother checking any other antique car forums for tech info, other than the HAMB...one stop shopping, right here.

I also share your taste in YouTube channels - I thought of Scotts "Will it Start" episode as well!IMG_1818.jpg.8c23716994a4379cf8fea274daf88c67.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ratbailey said:

Scott on Coldwarmotors did a "will it run" video on one of these: 

How can you resist?! If I had the space, I'd have a yard full of Mopars. Please let us know if you get it!

Yeah, when I first saw this car for sale I had remembered Scott doing a video on the same car so I went back and watch this video again.  I've talked to him before because he also has a Windsor like mine.  So if I buy this car I'll probably be contacting him again.  

29 minutes ago, RNR1957NYer said:

This is as good a place as any to give a shout out to the creators/administrators of the P15-D24 /Pilot House Forum - I've had A and B body and Forward Look cars for decades and came late to the flathead MoPar party - this is the best, most searchable, most helpful forum of all, in my humble opinion!

I agree, The guys on here are super knowledgeable about all kinds of stuff.  I might feel out of place with such a modern car with one of those fancy V8 engines. 

42 minutes ago, harmony said:

Yeah, when I first saw this car for sale I had remembered Scott doing a video on the same car so I went back and watch this video again.  I've talked to him before because he also has a Windsor like mine.  So if I buy this car I'll probably be contacting him again.  

Wow, jealous you have a personal audience with the great one! I credit (or blame) him for pushing me over the edge to drag a wreck home and let it use up what's left of my brain cells, physical strength and shop and storage space ?. He claims his videos aren't meant to be how-to, but he's quite a gifted teacher. I've fooled myself into thinking I can do some minor bodywork just from watching him.

3 minutes ago, ratbailey said:

Wow, jealous you have a personal audience with the great one! I credit (or blame) him for pushing me over the edge to drag a wreck home and let it use up what's left of my brain cells, physical strength and shop and storage space ?. He claims his videos aren't meant to be how-to, but he's quite a gifted teacher. I've fooled myself into thinking I can do some minor bodywork just from watching him.

Yeah some of his videos get a bit off topic, but listening to him explain how steel moves when working with it is quite an education.  My friend actually visited his place once.  I like how in one video he mentions he does "free" work on his neighbours cars, just to keep the waters calm.  lol! 

He once told me it was a full time job, just keeping air in all the tires.  lol!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Some of us have fancy modern V8 cars in the stable too.
cambridge v cuda.jpg

I resemble that remark.

65639447-0606-4CE7-8E0A-13A874C20D78.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sniper said:

Some of us have fancy modern V8 cars in the stable too.
cambridge v cuda.jpg

Me too. 64 belvedere wagon with 318 poly and pushbutton auto

IMG_20211022_140636.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Me too. 64 belvedere wagon with 318 poly and pushbutton auto

IMG_20211022_140636.jpg

It's a little on the newish side for me, but.....Wagon,,, 4 door,,,, push button,,,,  can't be beaten!