11th Annual // International Work On Your Truck Day!!!

Had a great yesterday!

I made a video to go with it...of course I'm no Spielberg....but I did record most of what I did.

Hey Tooljunkie...out there somewhere is a pilothouse build someone did with the whole PT Cruiser dash. It fit like a glove. 

48D

Estrada MotorSports 1948-53 Dodge Trucks: The Humpback Episode

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 3

Seems I switched my iwoytd to today, is 1:00 I have both fenders off, had to drill the heads of the bolts off, slow going .... in fairness drivers fender was off a long time ago and just hanging by a loose bolt to hold it in place. Time for a refreshment then going after the running boards .... should have them off today.

0515221250.jpg.825a73e36385325e6fbe71893e6006a1.jpg

• Like 4

Just like that I have the running boards off ... I was a bit aggressive & broke 1 bolt, we can fix that.

Yes sir they will need a hammer to beat them into submission.  Honestly a little clean up & some kind words and they will be perfect Farmer  repairs.

With this my IWOYTD is over ... I may work on it tomorrow but does not include today  My goal was getting the fenders running boards off Saturday ... am a day late as usual. :)

0515221642.jpg.49c3b51518a35d819e9b16e1e03323df.jpg

• Like 1

I took some time to work on my brakes this weekend. I purchesed one of Charlie Akers kits a while ago and I am just now getting around to installing it. His kits are made and fit well. I test fit it before paint. I wasn’t able to complete both sides because paint drys soooo slow. I was able to complete the right side, paint on the left is still drying. Below are some pictures of the test fit and the last one is the completed work. 

D80E67CA-707C-407C-9FF3-ED8FCF00326E.jpeg

2218C6DA-DAEA-4279-8080-EC6CFC8583DB.jpeg

259DCDCD-6AF3-4AFB-8D7D-B4ACD37739BA.jpeg

• Like 3

Found and used some used rotors?

Appears so. Not an issue to me but I would at least have them surfaced if so.

DJ

They are brand new rotors. This is the second attemp installing this kit. I had an older set of brackets that I tried to install, but I must have had them on backwards. Charlie sent me a new, updated set which is what I used. That’s the only reason there are some marks on the rotors, but they are smother than they look. 

• Like 1

I had another round of IWOYTD. Finally got my cab out of the trailer. Was a series of lifting beams slightly lowering resetting and gradually getting closer and closer. 

IMG_20200501_165208.jpg

Video of sliding the trailer out. Unfortunately my photographer aka neighbor only got the other neighbor helping me in the frame! I'm at the front of the trailer pulling it out. 

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v172/dodgepu1946/VID_20220515_115526(1).mp4

Half way down into some stands.

IMG_20220515_155849.jpg

And finally basically on the ground.

IMG_20220515_164846.jpg

• Like 1

No pics, but I pressure tested the rad for TODD after the masssive shipping box damage.  No leaks in the core!  One mount is bent a bit, but that is easily fixed.

• Like 1