Just a little update on the 48

thebelvedereman

5 minutes ago, Doug&Deb said:

Looks awesome! Keep going like you are. I had one of those before I got my 52 Coronet. They’re good cars and quite capable of being used daily.

One of my favorite body styles, this is my second 48 Dodge, and I've had 7 1946 – 1948 Plymouth's and most of them were daily drivers, at least while I owned them

Okay LOL I told you they were going to be wild, this was Plan D, or maybe E, I can't remember, I originally got some vintage one-size-fits-all Gray Custom Upholstery, one-size-fits-all my ass, they weren't even close to fitting, so then I found some Gray Tweed that I really liked , and I couldn't get it, they were out of stock, then I got some gray leather Chrysler Town & Country seats and after installing them I absolutely hated the way they looked, they just looked way too modern, then I found some really cool gray diamond pleat  tuck and roll type upholstery and I ordered it, 2 weeks later on the day it was supposed to arrive, I got a notice instead saying it was out of stock LOL, and then I just happened to be scrolling through a Facebook page of rat rods and came across one with Mexican blankets for seat covers, and I went online and looked and actually found some Mexican blanket type material , and this is how it turned out, I think it looks absolutely awesome ????

Resized_20220503_150530.jpeg

Resized_20220503_150431.jpeg

Resized_20220503_150334.jpeg

Resized_20220503_150251.jpeg

On a side note, it's really hard to install hog rings with channel locks instead of hog ring pliers, I shot several of them completely across the room, I still have to do the two rear benches, and I think I'm going to get some hog ring pliers first LOL

Do they still OL the Digleballs that were once popular in some circles?

May fit the motif.  ?

DJ

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Doug&Deb said:

Love it!

It definitely stands out from the crowd LOL, I love it too, it would be different if I was doing a Concours restoration, but this is just going to be a fun cruising car, eventually I might get around to having it professionally done, tomorrow comes the big test, taking it out on the road for the first time since I got it , the rear brakes are sticking a little bit , but I think that's just because it sat for 40+ years

13 minutes ago, Doug&Deb said:

Take it slow to start. Make sure the brakes are working properly then drive the wheels off it. Remember it was someone’s daily driver once

Yup, I live on a completely flat Road in the middle of absolutely nowhere, My Town population is 507, I'm just going to putt down the street at around 10 mph, I've had over 400 classic Mopars already including many from the 30s – 50s, so I'm used to having no brakes LOL