Sometimes something shows up without any warning.....lol

48Dodger

On 4/23/2022 at 9:07 PM, 48Dodger said:

A Axe throwing joint in Sacramento, Ca...

48D

IMG_20220423_185603613.jpg

Guess where are going next year after the Q?

• Like 1

I've chopped a ton of wood, but I've never thrown axes before.

I threw so many bullseyes, that they (wife and friends) stopped counting and started talking about me going pro....lol.

Musta been the truck.

48D  

17742.jpeg

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Two weeks ago we had a team building event for work.  Axe throwing was on the menu of entertainment.  First time I actually stuck an axe.  Now that I know how to throw one I will probably do it more, lol.  Wore my arm out that night.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

could be worse things but as the wife told me of a number of her students stated they do not need to study or do well as they going to be a fishing guide or a professional hog hunter....got to love the RN south..!

My kid says that she has heard the same thing in Mid-Coast Maine where she lives. Only difference is that they are going to be Lobster men.

I was out with my boss and a couple of coworkers, pre pandemic, and there was some ax throwing happening at a local food fest. Old weird Harold(boss)is a year older than me(I'm 66) and stands stooped from an old work injury where alcohol was involved. He pays his money and flings three axes for three bulls eyes. And he made it look easy.

I've worked with Harold for 25 years and know he's dumb like a fox, so I've come to expect stuff like that. Still, I was impressed.

• Like 1

Every year they have the lumberjacks jamboree about 30 miles north of here. There’s food and dancing and it’s always like 100° because it happens on 4th of July.

They climb poles, saw logs, chop logs, and throw axes.

I was in the bleachers watching when someone’s axe cleared the target, just barely clipped the top, which sent the axe spinning vertically over the safety fence.

30 minutes earlier there was a line of people standing outside the fence waiting for tickets. Fortunately there were only stragglers left and the axe landed between them.

Edited by Ulu