Falcon sighting

Young Ed

Random Facebook post on a nation wide group about a guy in Minneapolis who drives a Ford truck regularly. I figured he might be a Ford fan so took a long shot and asked if he ever sees a green falcon. Here's how it ended. 

Screenshot_20220421-145449_01.jpg

For anyone not familiar with my mission Dad owned this one back in the 80s. He sold it to help pay for his 51 convert restore. I'm hoping to bring it back to the family. 

4 minutes ago, Veemoney said:

If that is the same car looks like someone has taken good care of it from just that picture. 

It is. Had 30k miles when sold and I'd bet it's under 40 still

• Like 1

When I was in Dairyland region of the POC there was a member who had tracked down and bought many of the cars his family had owned throughout his life. He had at least one storage building full of them.  I asked him how he did it and he said that  most of them were local and relatively easy to find. He is gone now as far as I know but his wife may still be alive.  Almost all the cars I ever had went in trade to get the next one and my Fathers cars went to the junkyard when he was done with them.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook

9 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

When I was in Dairyland region of the POC there was a member who had tracked down and bought many of the cars his family had owned throughout his life. He had at least one storage building full of them.  I asked him how he did it and he said that  most of them were local and relatively easy to find. He is gone now as far as I know but his wife may still be alive.  Almost all the cars I ever had went in trade to get the next one and my Fathers cars went to the junkyard when he was done with them.

Generally, when my Dad was "done with a vehicle", it was actually "done for".  Then they went to the back yard, where they rested in peace until the went to pieces. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eneto-55 said:

Generally, when my Dad was "done with a vehicle", it was actually "done for".  Then they went to the back yard, where they rested in peace until the went to pieces. 

This is a true little old lady car. Dad purchased from the original lady who was mom of a family friend. However she had driven by feel more than once so the already replaced front fenders got replaced a second time and the car repainted even though it only had about 25k miles at the time.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Update- went to the first Friday night cruise tonight. Falcon was there again but I'm too late. Already sold to new owners. Chatted with them for a few minutes but it sounds like they don't intend to sell anytime soon and I won't want it if he actually carries out all his "upgrade" plans. 

IMG_20220603_190837.jpg