1947 Dodge truck dash

Has anyone seen or do you have a picture of the dash for a 1947 1/2 ton truck.  I am looking for something similar to what you see in a modern vehicles owner manual.  An image of the dash with everything labeled.  I am re-wiring my truck and some of the switches, dash lights, etc... are obvious.  Others are not. I have a repair manual but could not find anything in it.  Something like this that labels everything an their location. 

Little red dot on dash? | DodgeTalk Forum 

High beam indicator for 40-47 is that little circle about 2" up from the speedometer. Should have a red light when high beams are on. 39s only have it in the headlight switch

• Like 1

I was just going to ask what the little button above the speedo was. Got a hole there in my dash that definitely looks factory but no fitting so now I know. Thank you Young Ed. 

That is a strange layout. Everyone of these I've messed with has 5 controls in that little recessed area. Key in the center and then two on each side. That picture has a blank and then an add on for the throttle cable. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Everyone of these I've messed with has 5 controls in that little recessed area. Key in the center and then two on each side. That picture has a blank and then an add on for the throttle cable.

Ed mine has 5 as well with key in the middle.

Just looks like they didn't drill for the 5th location but the room is there and that would give it 5 with the key in the middle. I just pulled the picture from a manual an suspect now it may be military model based on the panel light knob and extra throttle cable. My truck has the extra throttle located as 1 of the 5 locations right of the key that is centered. 

My throttle cable was broken so I have a heater switch as one of my 5. I suspect back then my heater switch would have been clamped on like that throttle cable

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lostviking said:

I like the idea of using the "fifth hole" as a heater control. I have no real use for that manual throttle control. Maybe they used it to crawl the trucks along on farms or something, I other than that I see no real use.

Cruise control on a longer drive ?

43 minutes ago, lostviking said:

I wouldn't use anything like that for cruise control, not exactly safe. For warming up, my chokes fast idle cam works fine. I'm guessing the reason they have it, is because different folks...

Yes that's why the face after. I will admit I've used it in my coupe very briefly just to stretch my ankle but you are right not safe because there is no shutoff. 

• Like 1

Back in the day of these trucks maybe cruise was a usable option but not so much now, be nice to find an old owners or sales brochure that calls out the intention. I thought it could be useful also if using the hand crank to start or adjusting RPM of the PTO as others mentioned. 

My farthest left of the 5 locations is a switch controlling an under the hood courtesy light that is mounted to the firewall. Not sure if it was original equipment.

My grandfather would give a little hand throttle, set choke, and whip by hand in the cold winter when the 6v was low to keep from wasting the battery. Lived in Baltimore, Md— truck was parked in a rented garage a few blocks from his house. He worked out of it and always said it never held him a days labor. That’s one of the things I remember him saying the most about his 46 dodge pickup.

• Like 1