Cooling system design Flatheads

Bryan

9 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

I do not think that I would open the plate hole up. It just may have an effect on water pump pressure produced and making it bigger may make water flow situation worse?

These pumps do not move major water volumes as I always thought they would  (or pressures in 0 pressure systems)  as seen in the radiator top tank .

Not sure I explained this well, but.

Just my thought on this subject

Agree on that. If one flared the distribution tube out and had it where it just touched the back of the pump plate in would insure that all of the water goes into the tube.  I probably should have explained more but been outside a while and I'm beat.

On mine the tube was hammered out to fit the hole as perfect as I could get so that all the water went into the tube. I also port matched the place to the size of the hole. I also had my general, not auto, machine shop jet cut stainless steel backing plates for my water pumps.

James

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 7:29 PM, OUTFXD said:

Doing some cooling work on Jacquiline at this very moment!  I will reference this over and over!  Quick question,  How snug is the Distributuion tube supposed to be?  I cant get mine out and it appears to have been pushed through the block.

They are a pain in the butt if rusted in. Need some kind of strong hook and slide hammer. 

• Thanks 1