1934 Dodge rumble seats, where did the water go?

Semmerling

Quick Question.....

With the proper weather seal running in the body channel for the top 2/3 of the rumble seat hole, I can see that that might keep the water from entering into the whole top length and down about 2/3 of either wide of the seating well. Then, the seal ends...the channel ends and I don't see a natural appropriate pathway for all that diverted flow. What was the original concept for the water when it runs down past that body seal? Did it just dump into the interior space and find its way out? Thanks.....

Edited by Semmerling

As I didn't get an answer on this forum, but did on another one, well here it is for those that may be interest. When the rumble seat is folded forward to the lock position, the back and lower metal forming on the rumble seat door itself provides a run off channel that dump the water outside and above the rear body panel.

• Like 1