39 Plymouth business coupe electrical

hi I have a 39 business coupe I took it for a ride for the first time in 10+ years  after the ride I had no tail lights or break lights I found some broken wire and replaced them , still couldn’t get tail lights but got my blinkers to work I noticed a wire was coming out of a connection just under the master cylinder I put positive and neg from my jump box to see if they would light up they did but then I tried to start car no spark I kno I’m an idiot, anybody kno what I can check if so please help or does anybody know anybody in or around Rochester ny that can look at my car or possibly rewire to 12v system 585 410 5480 or joshuaharpole65@gmail.com any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated 

I live out side of Syracuse, but it's kinda chilly for a road trip.

Do you have a lighted test probe. If not, get one.  The light will be dim on 6v but it will work.  Do you know what the brake light switch looks like?  Have you looked to see if your headlight switch has a built in fuse?  I am not familiar with the 39s but my 46 has an integrated 30 Amp fuse in the switch assembly.  If you haven't had juice through those circuits in 10 years, I would suspect you have corroded connections. And corrupted grounds, and probably some rodent gnawing as well.

Identify what you have put up some pics.  Go to the parts store, or harbor freight, get a tester, a spool of 12 gauge wire, two small alligator clips to make a jumper wire.  Make a 8 foot jumper wire with a clip on each end then get back on here and we can talk you through some basic trouble shooting, circuit tracing, etc.

61C7EHxCINL._AC_UL550_SR550,550_.jpg

This is like my break light switch and yes there is a fuse on the head light switch but fuse is fine how ever the head lights were placed on a were placed on a toggle switch by the previous owner why I don’t kno,.. first pic break light switch second headlight switch0071026B-C0BE-48C2-8CE7-BEB0F2A95088.png.6e8fa8e94d9f48008b0b1e5536eed396.pngABBB6325-4EF1-41E7-8979-9D863088C732.png.ccd27bde1478fab04514db0f5e641995.png

What is this ? There is a cover that goes over it top says Arm , middle say FLD and bottom of it say BATT. But I noticed at the bottom of what ever this is that there is a little spark so I’m assuming that the other 2 should be creating a little spark also but they are not

9D950D91-DAD3-4089-ACB3-5CE3768C5F6F.jpeg

That is your Voltage Regulator for your Generator. “BAT” is the battery connection, coming from your Ammeter. “FLD” goes to the Field connection (small terminal) on your Generator. And “ARM” goes to the Armature connection (large terminal) on your Generator.

The lower contacts, where you see a spark, is the Circuit Breaker contacts which connect the battery to the Generator when the output is high enough, and cut the connection when the engine is off. The other two contacts are for voltage regulation and current regulation. These don’t carry as much current so you may not see a spark across them when they open.  

Edited by Merle Coggins

Where is the toggle switch in the light circuit?  The switch should have a wire going to the dimmer switch on the .  There should be to power out terminals on thefootswitch.  One for low beam, one for Hi beam.  These wires should then travel to the inner fender orthe radiator support where they go into a terminal block and split for left and right headlamps.  Therewith also be a connection there for the parking lights.  Testing for power at each connection should help identify where the problem is.