Show your trailer

pflaming

• 2 weeks later...

Not big but hauls tons of wood every winter...

20220407_164325_compress24.jpg

• Like 1

On the very rare occasions I need a trailer, Uhaul to the rescue, lol.  Actually, the last trailer I used, a Uhaul, was to go get my 51 Cambridge from Dalhart, TX.  About a 6 hour drive each way.  My suggestion to anyone renting a trailer, and even if it's not a rental, is check it out before the trip.  In my case the tire pressures were low and the lugnuts not torqued properly.  The lights did all work though, lol.  No issues using it though.  Been 2 and half years since then.

I ask the guys in the local vintage car club that I am in about trailer rental. There are a few decent trailers I have used. I pay them for my usage. Tires, brakes, lights, maintenance, insurance. It adds up so I am sure to pay them.

One time the trailer I borrowed was in a much needed state of repair. I am glad that I went over it before my trip. It had rusty seized internal brake parts. Way out of adjustment. All wheel bearings needed grease. The tires were low. Brake breakaway system was not functioning. Needed wire repairs and a new battery. I took care of all of it.  Then the owner would not let me pay him for my usage. Fair trade.

One of the trailers I have borrowed from nice club members who are great guys!

IMG_8570.jpg

Edited by keithb7

sorry for showing this photo again
I like my trailer. (20’ , 14k flatbed) 
F46BD5C3-6970-4F6A-8181-0C3E8CDE24F3.jpeg.dfba68ac5aaf68d36cc966fd525b8057.jpeg

made a handful of trips to CA to the BBQ

a couple trips to WA to p/u a couple 1.5 toners (and visit Rob ?)

and a trip to Minnesota for BTT50’s

every trip I take about 30min or so to look it over and check the welds, brakes, lights etc. 

safety first, trailer users! And please, make sure your tow vehicle is equipped to handle the load. 

keep on truckin ?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Brent, would not it have been easier just to put the hay in the silver truck and leave the other at home?  ?

Lol, You know me PA, i’m Not the brightest knife in the light socket ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Update on my$50 trailer. Will paint the dark areas matt black. I have several sets of Dodge hub cabs so will paint the wheels and put dog dish caps on. Tires and wheels already are 15”. Maybe I should put different tires on it also. 

273C3A2F-69A5-4584-8A88-DB9080120CA1.jpeg

4AB93594-8EF5-4D6A-A418-12B4B9698352.jpeg

Edited by pflaming

On 8/24/2022 at 6:35 PM, greg g said:

Whoa! For a minute I thought you were decopageing it...

Yep....I thought the same thing.

?48D