Rusty Wheel Cylinder

squirebill

Thank you Lord!  That's great news! Yeah, those experimental trials can really pull it through. Before they came out with the 2 month cure for Hep C, I got the trial at Uni-Klinik Frankfurt in Germany around 1999-2000. Almost one year of interferon & Ribavirin.  Nasty stuff.  Got rid of it and never came back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I agree, good attitude....I am not so sure I could be this positive.  You could be the very guy when I say this little quip of mine, What do you want folks to say about you 100 years from now......dang, he sure looks good for his age...!

I have my doubts about that one. I was so shocked when I turned 25 that I almost quit drinking,doing drugs,riding Harley's,and banging other guys wives and girlfriends/

It was traumatic.

Since then,birthdays have only amused me.

4 hours ago, Bryan said:

Thank you Lord!  That's great news! Yeah, those experimental trials can really pull it through. Before they came out with the 2 month cure for Hep C, I got the trial at Uni-Klinik Frankfurt in Germany around 1999-2000. Almost one year of interferon & Ribavirin.  Nasty stuff.  Got rid of it and never came back.

Chemo ain't a whole lot of fun,either. One of the few things I remember about my chemo sessions were being grateful my truck had driving directions on the dash,so I wasn't scared about forgetting how to find my way home. And that is NOT a joke.

Been well over a year now,maybe even two,and I STILL can't remember much. l can remember back to when I was wearing diapers,but pretty much nothing after chemo. I would write notes to myself,and lose them or wonder what the hell they were about.

I keep telling myself I am slowly getting my memory back,but I might just be lying to myself to make me feel good.

Then again,the alternative.............

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 2:16 PM, knuckleharley said:

Chemo ain't a whole lot of fun,either. One of the few things I remember about my chemo sessions were being grateful my truck had driving directions on the dash,so I wasn't scared about forgetting how to find my way home. And that is NOT a joke.

Been well over a year now,maybe even two,and I STILL can't remember much. l can remember back to when I was wearing diapers,but pretty much nothing after chemo. I would write notes to myself,and lose them or wonder what the hell they were about.

I keep telling myself I am slowly getting my memory back,but I might just be lying to myself to make me feel good.

Then again,the alternative.............

It's great to hear you've responded well to this new treatment.    

FWIW, I did some googling and saw that Zanubrutinib is covered by Medicare.  Might be worth looking into. 

50 minutes ago, JerseyHarold said:

It's great to hear you've responded well to this new treatment.    

FWIW, I did some googling and saw that Zanubrutinib is covered by Medicare.  Might be worth looking into. 

"I did some googling and saw that Zanubrutinib is covered by Medicare.  Might be worth looking into. "

Thank you very much for doing that and posting about it,JerseyHarold!

I am an Agent Orange VN Vet,so I covered by the VA,but for some people knowing it is covered by Medi-Care could literally be a life-saver for them.

Once again,I want to ask everyone who reads these posts to pass this information on to people they know,and even post it on the bulletin board at your local VFW and other organizations you are connected with. Spread it as far and wide as possible because you never know who might find it that is in dire need of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, belvedere said:

That is wonderful that you had such great results, knuckleharley! Do you mind sharing what type of cancer you had?

Stage 4 Lymphoma,and I still have it because the docs don't consider you to be cancer-free until your test results are negative for 4 years.

I also developed some sort of cancer in my groin that went away. May have been Lymphoma also,but I am not sure.

And just last week I had a lump removed from the side of my head that everybody thought was benign,but came back as being cancer,also. I have no idea what kind because I wasn't told,but it is still active. Supposed to have a cancer doc remove what is still there soon. I have no idea what is going on with that,and won't until after the surgery to cut it away.

Also,take note that I am 75 years old and an Agent Orange veteran. Both of which put me at a higher risk than most people.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 9:11 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

I agree, good attitude....I am not so sure I could be this positive.  You could be the very guy when I say this little quip of mine, What do you want folks to say about you 100 years from now......dang, he sure looks good for his age...!

Sure ya could. What are your options other than to stay positive or run around whining about it? How much fun is whining,and who wants to spend their remaining time doing it.

AND.....,it costs not even one thin dime to be positive.

On 4/29/2022 at 11:56 AM, belvedere said:

That is wonderful that you had such great results, knuckleharley! Do you mind sharing what type of cancer you had?

Stage 4 Lymphoma.

Or at least that is what I started with. Learned a short while ago,shortly BEFORE I was told the lymphoma was gone that I also have cancer in my groin,but what type was never specified. Since the cancer doc never mentioned it again,I just assumed it was also gone.

Then last week I found out the cyst the surgeon at the wound clinic cut out behind my left ear is NOT benign,as he thought. He sent it off to have it tested just in case,and sure enough,it came back as cancerous,also. I am now waiting for the appointment to have the side of my head cut open again so they can try to find and cut it all out. IF it was identified as to type,no one told me what it is. Not that it matters because there is nothing I can do about it but roll with the punches and see what happens.

Since the wound clinic doc cut out all he could see (a mass about half the size of a half-dollar),I can't even guess what they have planned,but I guess I will find out.

What pisses me off about this one is I must have pointed it out to at least a half-dozen or more doctors in the last year,and every damn one of them except the surgeon at the wound treatment clinic just shrugged,and walked away without saying anything.

More good news is both of my  lower legs are now back down to less than what I used to think was normal size,and haven't even hurt the last two days. When I first went to the wound clinic and they wrapped them with compression bandages,it hurt so bad it would take my wind away. At that time my right leg was only a little larger than normal,but my left leg was so swollen the only pants I could get it in were Bib Overalls,and even then it was a squeeze fit. Now that same lower leg is only slighly larger than my forearm. I can bend my knee again,and I can walk normally.

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 7:11 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

I kinda agree with the oft quoted phrase, "live life without regrets" ☺️