Door Seal Part Reproduction

Stratos

To my knowledge no one is producing those parts. If your originals are good enough one of the companies such as Steele Rubber may copy them and start producing them if they think there is enough demand for them. 

I swear I have seen them before but, now I can’t locate them either 

if Steel doesn’t pan out give Vic a call

https://vicsdodgegarage.com

I can't place that part on a truck in my mind?  Any context as I can't think of where that even would go as I've never seen that on a B series?

In Don Bunn’s reference guide book, on page 101, in the bottom left of the bottom picture you can see the small part that I believe he is referring to. When they moved the bottom door seal from the door to the cab they apparently put these small seals on the door edges.  My B2B has the holes for them but I could never find anyone that reproduced them, nor did I ever see any that were in good enough shape to even see exactly what they looked like. 

43 minutes ago, David A. said:

In Don Bunn’s reference guide book, on page 101, in the bottom left of the bottom picture you can see the small part that I believe he is referring to. When they moved the bottom door seal from the door to the cab they apparently put these small seals on the door edges.  My B2B has the holes for them but I could never find anyone that reproduced them, nor did I ever see any that were in good enough shape to even see exactly what they looked like. 

Thanks I'll look that up when I head to the shop over lunch, never seem them and now I have to look for these holes.  Must not be very robust as I've never seen them on any trucks around here.

I made contact with Steele Rubber Products today and they were interested.  Sent them the pics and part numbers.  Will have to see if they think it will be worth their while to reproduce.  The part numbers show as being used on a B3 series also.  I don't see any provision for mounting involving holes.  One of these is used that I pulled of a junkyard truck and had no fasteners.  

I think they were just glued on.  My guess is they were eventually knocked off going in and out of the truck.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stratos said:

I think they were just glued on.  My guess is they were eventually knocked off going in and out of the truck.

No holes….

on my B3, just glued on (and painted over LOL)

3F1B3AFD-3232-4B06-B0E6-649222D01A34.jpeg.ebfd7bd40bdd99ae7cbca9435faa6f82.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stratos said:

I made contact with Steele Rubber Products today and they were interested.  Sent them the pics and part numbers.  Will have to see if they think it will be worth their while to reproduce.  The part numbers show as being used on a B3 series also.  I don't see any provision for mounting involving holes.  One of these is used that I pulled of a junkyard truck and had no fasteners.  

No evidence of glued, taped, bolted, riveted or anything on the 4 B3 trucks I have of varying sizes.

4 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

No evidence of glued, taped, bolted, riveted or anything on the 4 B3 trucks I have of varying sizes.

??

Got this reply back from Steele Rubber: 

"Thanks for the photo. I have talked with the R&D people, they would be interested in looking at the part, no guarantee or promise that we would make it. If you would like to send it in you can but the process may take a while just so you are aware."

I wonder if there is enough interest in this part to have it remade.

5 minutes ago, Stratos said:

I wonder if there is enough interest in this part to have it remade.

Probably only you and me.... seems like the B3 and 4’s are different from the B1’s and 2’s

17BB52A5-7303-4D6E-A7EE-9B126A930495.jpeg.360845194e81d9ce4ebb8206b8a6684f.jpeg

If they do reproduce them, I would be interested in 8 sets....

four sets for mine and next time I visit Mark, i’ll Be sticking them on his ?

• Haha 3

Like may others I didn’t even realize there was supposed to be something there. I think I filled the gaps between the lower panel and the cab sill with caulk, especially on the front corners as I found that water would come up through there when driving in the rain. It appears that these pieces are supposed to serve that purpose. 

Ok, I was nerding out on these again ?

this one fell off my B3hh when I replaced the lower panel door weather strip a few years ago 

2DAF6C6F-21D6-49A4-92CA-6E87F863FBFB.jpeg.cd0fe56acff0084f449d4ccc37cb68db.jpeg

I like how the well the part number and the letter “R” (for right side) confirm Stratos research. I also noticed the “dpcd” fainted in the upper left corner 

oh yeah, farting around with the b4, I have only the drivers side ?

2EAB5202-BB0A-4292-A5CB-F4640AF16B89.jpeg.6cf229327d0fd90a07b46e1dba1bca32.jpeg

Lol, now I’m gonna take this truck to the bbq next week in CA, to show ggdad in person ?

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I spied me some B1 door seal this weekend on the door itself 

C6EFAEF4-65F2-4C51-80AE-6267AFD19310.jpeg.3fdc29fdbb0eff30f3b96a252d83d185.jpeg

and an example of the holes the doors have to except the product 

84A395F9-AF56-4275-9BF9-72F0C7DA3399.jpeg.b85aa2ecd53fa60eaa91cc54f0993116.jpeg

If steel comes through on the B3/4 seal, I wonder if they would pop the B1/2 seal as well….. definitely two different products 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at VPW and no dice...looked at ford and gm repro suppliers, and nothing close there either.  I reckon that corner seal is a whittle-it-yerself special, to be applied by the restorer, as a unique signature of the craftsman ?

"whittle-it-yerself special"....lol.

I think that makes up about 90% of the rescued trucks I have around my place ?

48D 

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2022 at 10:44 AM, Brent B3B said:

Probably only you and me.... seems like the B3 and 4’s are different from the B1’s and 2’s

I think you meant to say  " ....seems like the B1-B2's are better then the B3 and 4's. "

I'll get the moderator to fix it.

48D

• Haha 2