2022 P15 PICNIC USA

Mark D

Hey all - at the suggestion of a fellow forum member, I am creating a new thread for the 2022 P15 Picnic USA to make it easier to follow along with our planning efforts and to eliminate confusion with our past events. We are in hotel negotiations now and will be finalizing our registration form within the next week. 

31840961_PicnicUSAItineraryStage1.jpg.371708eb6e962f023a7514d07826e44f.jpg

In the mean time, please consider signing up for our email updates. If you are already receiving emails, no need to do anything further.  If not, please follow this link to add your name which helps us keep everyone informed with the latest updates on the P15 PICNIC USA. 

http://eepurl.com/heC-Ov

We look forward to having many of you with us this year!

Edited by Mark D
  • Like 4

This sure looks like a lot of fun.
I wish I could join you but I'm not sure my car could swim that far! ?
Looking forward to seeing reports and photos. Here's a picture from last year's P-15 Picnic in the UK...

P-15 Picnic 2021 colour-38.jpg

Edited by Robin (UK)
  • Like 2

You rich English  can just ship your cars over and enjoy a summer in the colonies and ship back, maybe with another collectible car in the same container??

I have read of  Aussies and Kiwis of coming to the west coast with their cars. Just to show and drive and return.

Why not the east coast for the Euros?

DJ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DJ194950 said:

You rich English  can just ship your cars over and enjoy a summer in the colonies and ship back, maybe with another collectible car in the same container??

I have read of  Aussies and Kiwis of coming to the west coast with their cars. Just to show and drive and return.

Why not the east coast for the Euros?

DJ

euros in the UK? They never had them. 

Those rich cali guys could also ship there cars over to the east coast and come to the picnic! ??

• Haha 1

Well,  I would love to come out East if I had a solid driver to do it. ( No shipping for me). 

I am between old car drivers at this point and the new California taxes on almost everything including a  new heavy tax on imported Teas.! 

Time for a rebellion?

DJ

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey hey gang the goods have started to arrive. All you P15’ers need one of these on your side window! Later this week we will announce the hotel accommodations. Stay tuned!

B7DB9D4A-247B-4CB5-9471-CB513C2DF2F7.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just published the hotel and registration info for those here that are interested, kindly follow this link to which will allow you to book your room and download a registration form!

https://mailchi.mp/9ebef108f50c/registration-form-and-hotel-info

234.jpg.webp

345.jpg.webp

• 1 month later...

image.png.b30967e93aef0feaa9b3d9711587177d.png

Tech sez if you havent signed up yet,you might need to check and advance yer timing.  Get ready for September.  Consult yer manual, do the trouble shooting, and get yer reservations taken care of.  You don't want to stumble or hesitate.  Power up.   Register now.

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, rallyace said:

Looking forward to the Picnic. Reservations have been made!

Received and deposited! Yours was the second of two recorded. Really looking forward to it! 

• 2 months later...

Hi all! - Just a quick reminder that the 2022 P15 PicNic USA is about 53 days away.  We've got a really decent response so far, with about 12 cars registered.  We are hoping for a few more of you to attend.  I'm happy to talk to anyone that might have questions about attending for one day or all, just drop a PM here or email; mark@rdusaclassics.com

Cheers, 

Mark

Registration form link -> https://mcusercontent.com/bac7c5d2def3d7691445dffc6/files/469b0934-9b6a-e670-5b50-243f7a4e86ca/REGISTRATION_FORM_2022.pdf

Hotel reservation link -> https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1648574515176&key=GRP&app=resvlink

Picnic USA AUGUSET 2022.jpg

For the past few years the organizing team has offered T-shirts commemorating the P15 PicNic USA. This helps us raise a couple extra bucks to defray costs.  If you have the gumption, we'd love for you to order one.  Follow this link and you can place your order online and have it shipped from the printer directly to your home. 

https://www.customink.com/fundraising/p15-picnic-2022?pc=TXN-170516&utm_source=fr_org_launched_txn&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=fr_org_campaign_launched&utm_content=txtlink&_kx=tZxTE3QRZWFq5RUQrdbdKtvzTZVW9Am02JS4LjL-38Q%3D.SKGNUp

EDIT: There is a 17 piece minimum for the t-shirts and they must be ordered By AUG 2.

tshirt front.JPG

tshirt back.JPG

Edited by Mark D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, folks,  a few of us are considering meeting up in the Albany, NY area on Wednesday, Sept. 14th and then continuing on to to the Picnic in Manchester, NH on Thursday. Let me know if you are interested so I will know how many rooms we will need.

Mike Mazoway

• 2 weeks later...

So today was prep the car for the P15 Picnic Tour.  Kate went into the shop for a pre event look over.  And her annual NY Safety Inspection.  After putting about 1200 miles since her last time on the lift.  The following g results were evident.   

Coolant, green and clean and at proper level no visible leaks 

Engine oil,  down 1 pint

Trans oil down about 4 ounces, topped up.

Differential fluid level up to snuff

Hoses in good condition. 

Battery acid at proper level

Radiator fan and pulley checked water pump greased

Brake mc fluid clear and at proper level

front brake friction material at about half wear no glazing drums within spec.apx 50k miles since replaced

Belt looks good

Parking brake adjusted

Lights all working

Steering parts in good shape

Front tires set to 32 psi show 8/32 tread

Rears set to 30 psi show 10/32 tread

Drive shaft no excessive play

Shocks no visible leaks

Brake lines all good no visible leaks

Fuel lines and filler hose no signs of leaks or excessive corrosion.

Differential  vent free and easily moved about.

Had the dist out a coupleweek back, lubed it treated the points to a couple swipes of the point file, and then gapped.

Plugs pulled gap checked and reinstalled.

And now with cooler mornings and evenings, I cracked the heater valve a turn or so.

Did I miss anything?

I was charged for 30 minutes labor $55.00, the $10 nys inspection fee and sales tax. So 70 bucks worth of piece of mind.  Will clean the inside glass, get the travel tools, and road trip parts cache loaded.

Keep calm and PICNIC ON.

• Like 4

Backed her out of the trailer yesterday and performed nearly the same inspection. Gave her a quick wash&wax, and she’s ready to go. Super excited to see everyone! 13+ cars registered this year! Hoping for a few more drive ups.

A5A9C71A-A268-4B1F-913E-B4F44BE79FE0.jpeg

• Like 1

My NYS inspection was done on Monday. All is good. As has been the case for the last couple of years, we will use the Grand Prix Festival and Vintage Race weekend at Watkins Glen as a warm up to the picnic. Miss Daisy, our 51 Plymouth is becoming a fan favorite when we do our two laps of the old street course as part of the festival. Folks get tired of seeing all of those old Jaguars, Alfa Romeos, MGs, Triumphs, Porsches, Maseratis, Ferraris  and other assorted sports cars and the old Plymouth seems to be what they like to see.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rallyace said:

My NYS inspection was done on Monday. All is good. As has been the case for the last couple of years, we will use the Grand Prix Festival and Vintage Race weekend at Watkins Glen as a warm up to the picnic. Miss Daisy, our 51 Plymouth is becoming a fan favorite when we do our two laps of the old street course as part of the festival. Folks get tired of seeing all of those old Jaguars, Alfa Romeos, MGs, Triumphs, Porsches, Maseratis, Ferraris  and other assorted sports cars and the old Plymouth seems to be what they like to see.

I've been going to the Grand Prix Festival for years and what a great event it is. There is a possibility I'll take my 51 Cambridge this year, but need to get a few things done on her first. I'll keep an eye out for you.

14 hours ago, Mark D said:

Backed her out of the trailer yesterday and performed nearly the same inspection. Gave her a quick wash&wax, and she’s ready to go. Super excited to see everyone! 13+ cars registered this year! Hoping for a few more drive ups.

A5A9C71A-A268-4B1F-913E-B4F44BE79FE0.jpeg

Love the blue dot tail lites, just got a set for my 52,$50 shipped to my door.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We will be international this year.  I have it on good authority that Great Britain will be well represented at this year's Picnic USA. One from England, 2 from Ireland and a couple of Canadians.  Be glad to welcome our commonwealth friends.  Hopefully our common languages  will not be a problem...

• Like 1