New Buddy

cheesy

Meet Buster, our new pooch. What we know of his breed is Border Collie, Lab, and some sort of Terrier. He's around 7 years old and absolutely chill. Needs some leash work, but not too bad. I don't know if his previous family had a Jeep but if I open the tailgate or the drivers door of my Wrangler, he's in there. His previous family broke up and he was sort of a pawn in a nasty divorce. I've met all of his previous hooman family and all I can say is Buster was the only sane one in the bunch. Although he will probably be banned for life from the DeSoto, once things warm up and dry out here, we'll attempt having him ride in the sidecar.

KIMG0027.jpg

• Like 6

Our last dog could tell when I went in the garage and started the Plymouth she was at the door barking to go.  She didn't want to miss a chance to go to a cruise in or take a trek in the old car.  The dog previous to her was a Bernise Mt. Dog mix.  He was a victim of a divorce also.  He would insert himself between us if we got into a spirited conversation. He was a truckers dog and apparently a veteran of road trips.  He provided excellent vehicle protective service for what ever car or truck he was in. Good luck with Buster.  Hope he melds with your people pack and their activities positively

Cool, thanks for the intro!  We've a German Shepherd that's a rescue.  Found as a stray on the streets of LA, ended up in a GSD rescue network here in Maine.  Chill with people (except when she's in the car, then it's full guard mode), can't stand other dogs, only slightly tolerant of other animals.  Haven't been able to work her out of that.  It's an adventure walking her on the property with all the forest creatures wandering about.  If she had thumbs, she'd be a good assistant in garage.  Typical dog - Sometimes sharp as a tack, sometimes dull as a hammer.  Best wishes to you with your new sidekick!

We had thought about getting another dog after I retired but Buster showed up early.

We've allowed him the run of the house, but so far the living room, family room, and front entry are his hang outs. He won't go into the kitchen unless there is a rug to walk on, which I find weird as there isn't a rug on the entryway floor. I'm also not used to not having a dog next to me when I open the fridge. I don't know if he was banned from the kitchen at his previous place but we would rather he would go out the back door to his dog run I set up and that's accessed through the kitchen. He doesn't beg but he will burn a hole in you by staring.

Last night, while on our pee walk on the property, he spotted something in the dark and dragged me along. I tried to dig in my heels but I just skied through the mud.

• 2 months later...

Well, I broke down and took Buster with us on our Sunday cheeseburger run in the DeSoto. He was a perfect gentleman and was even a bit protective when we experienced some DDF(DeSoto Delay Factor) by an admirer of the car. My other half handed him his own burger and protecting us or the car was the farthest thing from his mind. ?

1515580286_image-34.jpg.a865692b10effb740870e7fe15cbaaa0.jpg

I still haven't had any luck getting his butt into the sidecar.

Edited by cheesy
proofreading is a lost art.
  • Like 4

Looks to be pretty smart too?