Pandemic Mystery Carb

Bob Riding

I'm going to blame this one on the pandemic. In the last 2 years I was able to find 2 possible future projects for my dotage and 2 parts cars to make their restos a bit easier - a '54 Chrysler Town and Country wagon sitting since 1981 (not running but with the 331 hemi,) and a '56 Plymouth 2dr Suburban with a running 230  2bbl carb and "Power Pack"
(sorry Loren!).

During that time I also purchased/traded/bartered parts and can't for the life of me ID this carb. I put Plymouth on the box, but it doesn't have any markings. I'm not a carb expert as I've always run 2- 1bbl Carters on my '40 wagon and 1bbl Stromberg on my '40 Dodge. Thoughts? 

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG

As mentioned above plus Aluminum Throttle body shaft bores will wear and cause vacuum leaks..

Back in the day they were a high mover carb at the auto parts stores.

• Like 1

Regarding the Power Pack:

I found both manifolds (intake and exhaust) but I had to pay a steep price for them. (hey it's a hobby right?)

Then I cast about for information regarding the right code numbers for the carburetor. Found that too but at a reasonable price.

So I am set.

If you happen to have a photo of the linkage I sure could use that.

I don't know what I'll use for an air cleaner yet, so a photo of that would be helpful.

4 hours ago, Loren said:

I found both manifolds (intake and exhaust) but I had to pay a steep price for them. (hey it's a hobby right?)

Then I cast about for information regarding the right code numbers for the carburetor. Found that too but at a reasonable price.

So I am set.

I don't know what I'll use for an air cleaner yet, so a photo of that would be helpful.

Good deal. I will take some shots and post them later today. The '56 wagon with the Power Pack and stock carb ran until a month or so ago (I think electrical problems with the old wiring) but I was amazed at the difference in acceleration compared to what I have in the '40 woodie (218, dual 1bbls and 2 outlet exhaust) It felt like a V8!

4 hours ago, Bob Riding said:

Good deal. I will take some shots and post them later today. The '56 wagon with the Power Pack and stock carb ran until a month or so ago (I think electrical problems with the old wiring) but I was amazed at the difference in acceleration compared to what I have in the '40 woodie (218, dual 1bbls and 2 outlet exhaust) It felt like a V8!

8 hours ago, Loren said:

So I am set.

Just PMed you