Does anyone sell 7.60 x 15" black wall tires for my 48 DeSoto?

MarcDeSoto

Coker has a radial tire in your size that looks like a bias-ply tire. I put Coker bias-ply wide-whites on my P15 because the radial tires had white walls that weren't quite as wide but if doing it over I would go with the radials for a softer ride.

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/american-classic-blackwall-bias-profile-radials.html

american-classic-bias-look-750r14-black-

Edited by Sam Buchanan

On 1/26/2022 at 5:44 AM, Sam Buchanan said:

Coker has a radial tire in your size that looks like a bias-ply tire. I put Coker bias-ply wide-whites on my P15 because the radial tires had white walls that weren't quite as wide but if doing it over I would go with the radials for a softer ride.

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/american-classic-blackwall-bias-profile-radials.html

american-classic-bias-look-750r14-black-

Personally I prefer the Bias Ply.  They are much easier for parking the old girl.  Turning the steering wheel when the car is basically hardly moving is a piece of cake.  Plus they keep you awake when you cross one of those seams in the road. Guys running radials won't even know what I'm taking about. lol ;)  Plus it just has that vintage feeling as you're cruising, or did I just say that already.  lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harmony said:

Personally I prefer the Bias Ply.  They are much easier for parking the old girl.  Turning the steering wheel when the car is basically hardly moving is a piece of cake.  Plus they keep you awake when you cross one of those seams in the road. Guys running radials won't even know what I'm taking about. lol ;)  Plus it just has that vintage feeling as you're cruising, or did I just say that already.  lol!

The parking effort was  a major factor why I went with bias instead of radials. I remember when my Dad was given a set of radials for his '56 Savoy, he hated them and went back to bias ply.

But I would enjoy the improved driving experience of the radials now, especially if I ever got caught in rain!

50 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Yes, bias plies keep you very involved in driving as they wander about following the ruts in the road and God Forbid you live where they put rain grooves in the pavement. 

hahaha!  Yeah it would be kinda like slipping a quarter into one of those vibrating beds in a sleezy motel.

26 minutes ago, Sam Buchanan said:

The parking effort was  a major factor why I went with bias instead of radials. I remember when my Dad was given a set of radials for his '56 Savoy, he hated them and went back to bias ply.

But I would enjoy the improved driving experience of the radials now, especially if I ever got caught in rain!

Your Dad has what I call good sense.