New Member Intro

69lm69gp

Hello,

As a new member I thought I would introduce myself before I start posting.  I am a former technician at a Dodge and Pontiac dealership '89-'97 and myself am a Pontiac guy. Hence the 69lm69gp handle for my 69 Le Mans my 69 Grand Prix (my first car). My wife, from NJ,  drove a '50 Dodge pickup in high school (mid eighties) so I had been on the lookout for a project truck and found a '50 Dodge B-2-C-116 a couple of months back. This is my first pre '69 vehicle so I am new to flatheads and 6v electrical. I have already learned quite a bit while I have been lurking here over the past couple of months. But now I have some questions about things I haven't seen discussed.  

Thanks,

Mike

• Like 3

Welcome to the world of flatheads and 6v electrical system Mike,,  And also to the best forum on the subjet...  

I did the same thing..The Mopar from the 60's & 70's no problems. But I want something different, out of my comfort zone,, so I bought a 51 Dodge Crusader,,   no regrets at all,, so easy to maintain, to fix, parts are still fairly cheap and plentyfull. and most of all,  so must fun to drive!!!

Welcome Aboard from sunny South Grafton, Australia.......as was mentioned the PilotHouse truck side of the forum will probably have all the answers for you althought the engingines are essentially the same between the car & truck lines........best thing you can get for your truck is a shop manual and parts book if available, again, welcome.........Andy Douglas 

Welcome, from Western Canada. You found the right spot. Flatheads are fun, different and easy to work on. 6V is just fine. You just need to remeber that you need 2x the amps going through wires than a same a 12V system. You need excellent clean grounds and nice plump wires. Especially from the battery to the starter. 

I am a little envious of your truck. I would also like to own an old Mopar truck.

Edited by keithb7

Since you are new to Mopars of the 1950 vintage, let me introduce you to a great resource.  One great resource are the great videos on Youtube by Keith in Canada.  Another one is MyMopar.com.  It even has the dealer filmstrips by subject that were shown to the dealer mechanics.  Then click on Tech and that will lead you to filmstrips if you click on the TV, or booklets if you click on the red PDF symbol.  You can even select by year such as this:  https://mymopar.com/browse-mtsc-by-model-year-1950/

• Like 2