Clutch release (throw out) bearing return spring

Crazyred

When I pulled out the transmission to repair the clutch assembly, the return spring for the throw out bearing assembly was missing.  According to the mitchell parts book the return spring is part # 633686, number 17 on the diagram.  Since I do not have one and I can not find any dimension detail about it online, I was hoping someone has some information about it.  I am not sure how long the car ran without it but since I am putting it back together I would like to find one or something equivalent to install so the throw out bearing is pulled back from the pressure plate assembly when needed. 

I found one for sale here:  https://www.hiltopautoparts.com/product/nos-mopar-clutch-pull-back-spring-all-1936-7-1940-desoto/ but hoping not to spend that amount for a spring.  

This looks the same and much more affordable but again with not knowing the spring dimensions I do not know if this will work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261671994189?hash=item3cecddc34d:g:a68AAOxyNwNSJRVd

Does anyone have any info for this spring?

263846577_throwoutbearingreturnspring.jpg.47f539713d5c9a251d91ce4c86d4c3dc.jpg

I have a 48 Dodge.  Don't have info for a 1933 Plymouth, but for $3 I'd go for it.  (Sorry, didn't see the $4 shipping).   It's amazing what people try to charge for simple parts $45..

Edited by Bryan
Didn't see shipping ..

That little short spring is a clutch pedal return spring?  the spring on my 48 DeSoto is much longer as it has to go from the clutch fork all the way to a bracket bolted on to the bell housing.  I'm looking for a brake pedal return spring, but no one seems to know how long one is?  I guess just look for one that fits and does the job.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

I've used him since the 80's.  Both Len and AB were my go to guys when I was building my 64 300.

I think it is a throwout bearing return spring, not a clutch fork return spring. 

• Like 1

Just ordered the spring and some other parts from Len Dawson.  He has a nice selection of nos parts, I am glad you guys recommended the site to me.  I will add him to the list of suppliers for the '33.

@MarcDeSoto I am not sure what spring part number you need but I would check out Len Dawson site. dpmotorparts.com