Hubcaps

dgrinnan

Does anyone know the standard size half moon hubcaps for a 47 1/2 ton WC.  I see at DCM they sell replacement hub caps but they are list as 9 inch.  I am not sure where you measure but the one and only hubcap I have on my truck appears to be 10 inches if I measure outside edge to edge.

might help if you share the size of your wheels. I know from past experience that 15" & 16" wheels will use different size hubcaps.

While I think your 1947 1/2 ton should have 16" factory wheels, possible they could have been swapped over the years for 15"

Seems you want to measure from the nubs that stick out and secure the hub cap.

not sure 100% on truck but on the autos, 9 inch are the smaller caps and 10 are the larger....usually the 10's are used on many wheels that will feature a full trim ring inlay that the hubcap helps to keep laid in places.  Both 9 and 10 should fit the same wheel as their opening is the same.  

I goofed again talking about nubs ?

I have later model wheels on my truck.

What I am talking about is the spring clips.

0121221501.jpg.d8f382619e66b44d81028e5fb97d989e.jpg

I can not guarantee these are Dodge wheels, they are on a 48-52  Dodge pickup bed Trailer that I have. But they have Rambler Nash hub caps on them.

Good chance stock wheels but different hub caps and just as good chance Nash wheels with correct hub caps.

0121221505.jpg.ba525d382532711137c72e1a4a1813e7.jpg

Here you can see they measure ~8"

This is where they will attach to the wheel and is the important measurement needed to fit properly .... As far as I know.

This is the measurement I need when I order new dog dish hub caps for my 1960's wheels on my 1949 Dodge truck. Sadly I have 3, 8" and 1,  9" wheel so looking for another.

My Uncle had his own 2 acre personal wrecking yard with old trucks and a shed full of hub caps. Finding the correct measurement for the Dodge wheels was difficult.

But I had a 3/4 ton truck that came with 15" wheels and they used different caps then the 16" wheels.