Exhaust hangers? 48 DeSoto

MarcDeSoto

I'm re-hanging my exhaust system now, and realized that the hangers are a bit too loose toward the rear.  The two hangers toward the rear of the tail pipe have rubber parts that are worn and loose.  Does anyone sell these hangers?   I checked Bernbaum's and he doesn't sell exhaust parts anymore.  Thanks.  

The same above rubber grommet was also used by Chevy around 1937  they are both the same grommet.

NOS 1937-50 Chevrolet Passenger Car Tailpipe Support Rubber Grommet GM 593638 $8.95 on ebay

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Edited by desoto1939

Instead of getting the Chevrolet grommet, I got the on from mopar direct on Ebay for Mopar and it cost less.  I installed the universal hanger for the middle hanger and it worked nicely.  Even though the back hanger is not installed yet, the tailpipe firmed right up!  I'm waiting for the rear grommet to come in the mail as the metal parts are fine.  I don't think anyone sells the original hanger for the middle anymore as it is somewhat complex.  The metal was fine, but the rubber insulator was ready to fall apart as I show in these pics.  

P1020880 2.JPG

P1020881.JPG

P1020882.JPG

P1020883 2.JPG

P1020884.JPG