1947 Dodge 1/2 ton front badge

dgrinnan

I don't think I could bring myself to do this but wanted to see if anyone has.  Have you painted the iconic front badge of your 38-47 Dodge truck.  

Here is why I ask.  I have a project truck that I bought from an estate.  The sheet metal work was totally done including paint.  I do not like the color combo.  I had planned on getting it repainted.  The previous owner owned a powder coat factory.  It appears the truck sheet metal is powder coated, not painted.  Cost prohibitive for most people but he owned the company.  I assume after hours he paid of few of his guys to powder coat the truck.  Probably before assembly.  This would be great if I like the color.  I don't mind the maroon fenders and running boards but the cab and front end are silver.  The silver hides the beauty of the front badge.  It almost blends into the background.  If I can not paint the powder coated silver has anyone painted the badge.  The only reason I would consider that is to allow it to contrast against the silver.

If you have, please post pictures.

20211113_163228.jpg

Edited by dgrinnan

Maybe paint the dodge and the indents the fender color or a brighter red? Beyond that look up blackout trucks. They had a black front grill trim with cream highlights

Once you install the headlights and bumper that should add some color with the bumpers. Picture shows the red paint in the diamond and stripes of the stainless badge. You could also add some pinstripe around the badge also shown in pic. 

1947 Silver Dodge Pickup Truck Custom Hot Rod Garage T-Shirt 47 Muscle Car Tees | eBay

1006479025_yellow-graytruck1.jpg.05fe9ba385da802c87f6fc7bd9d770e6.jpg

If it was mine and I was trying to save his paint job, I’d split the difference and paint the lower grill to match the fenders, that way you’re not repainting the whole truck, it’ll look more intentional, you’ll have some contrast, especially after you paint the orange/red inside the grill