Which Tire Goes Farthest?

Ulu

this is time lost that revealed nothing of significance except to say the last tire tested was recorded in length AFTER losing MOMENTUM crashing through the ramp tip-up upstead of shooting off it like intended and as other tires.  Only thing of interest here is SIZE matters....facts do not.  I would for matter of fairness like to see the ramp beefed up to handle the mass rather than be destroyed by it.  As stated.....too much time wasted here and too many white gloves and white smocks dirtied up for nothing really scientific.  

Scientific?  Plymouthy, please just let them have their joke. This was the Japanese engineers attempting a joke.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they planned the ramp to collapse so that they wouldn’t launch that huge tire into the next town.

OK, to be fair, I have no idea what the translation is of the Japanese, and it may not be anything to do with “which tire goes farthest”.

I just made that title up after watching the video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

well,  you got me...I looked at the whole thing as stupid and waste of time as no data was really gathered....I took it as you posted this you were up to the very gist of the film.....your CREDS just sunk to an all time low......lol

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Sad 1

I just got a huge kick out of the fact that while you couldn’t understand the Japanese narration, you could clearly tell how excited the announcer was to say the words “sports car tire!” Clearly, and in English.

You could hear them laughing at times.  Only the weight, air resistance as it was flying, and rolling resistance would make any difference.   Was funny, kind of like Mr Bean stuff ( but clean).

Any of you seen the car cliff jumping in Alaska? 

Many videos on YouTube this is just one example

Edited by Young Ed

OK, I'm brain dead now, too.  Anyway, reminds me of a story a builder I met down in Texas told me.  He was from California, and was building a house up in the mountains.  Had a flat on a back-hoe or some other large equipment, and after having some one come out & change it, he & the guy with him, looked at each other, and the same *evil* idea popped into both of their addled brains.  They decided to roll it down the mountain side.  There were lots of trees on the way down, and they figured it wouldn't get terribly far.  Wrong!  It bounced off to this side or the other (hitting rocks, probably), and missed ALL of the trees.  At the bottom of the mountain was a 4 lane highway.  Traffic.  The tire went right on through, and missed all of the vehicles going past.  Needless to say they were very relieved, and never tried that again.

• Haha 1

Ed, I recall an ad Chrysler did of a Sebring and I am thinking 72 year....but what it is they are on a pier with a cover over brand X car and the Sebring....they push brand X in the water and states it sinks like a rock. (you know the rock commercial) They push the Sebring into the water and quickly remark that it also sinks like a rock but that is not what they want to point out here. today....