Mecum auto auction ths weekend

DJ194950

Anyone watch some of this?

Today the had a "used" car that was only 6 years old sell for 1.95 MILLION!!

A one of five built in 2016 super cars that started list price plus? options-1  million plus that year. 250 mph stock . Twin turbo V-12. Brand Name is Pagini.

For the truck members- a 1941 Power wagon sold for $170,000!  Very nice with Cummins 6 Cyl. diesel, GM turbo 350 moded to fit. Jacked up on very tall coil overs.  Very Nice!

An old tour bus- 1936 White 16 pass.  -stock flat 6  -sold for -$$ 1.3  MIllion!!    Very nice resto of a original Yellowstone National Park tour bus.

DJ

I have looked at a couple of minutes here and there while waiting to pass out at night. I have always enjoyed fairy tales and the prices dummies pay for some of those cars fit right in.  And every guy who watches that stuff and has a pile of rust in his back 40 sees his retirement fund in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I watched 15-20 minutes. Same as BJ auctions. Some very nice cars and lots of buyers with more money than sense. As already mentioned it makes people think their old pile of rusty junk is worth thousands and not the scrap value, or slightly better, it’s really worth. 

I’d like to know how many of those cars with paint jobs alone worth tens of thousands, actually get driven in the real world. I bet I have more fun with my often driven antiques of very modest value!

Edited by RobertKB

While the 1951 Hirohata Mercury Custom is very nice, I was surprised at the selling price of $2,145,000.00... I happen to have a very pair of the Lincoln tail lights as were used in the customizing of the car, ?

Edited by T120
correction in text

.I have said for a long time that these Big Auctions are often just a bunch of rich folks buying stuff to impress their rich friends,  The next Garden party one can show off what he picked up at the auction and only paid$....  The friends then compete to get their own" bargain" at more money to show off. And away it goes. I am sure some are car folks, Leno is an example of that. Others are I am sure are too. But most, no I think not. Just another competition, cars, boats, house, Islands, wives', , etc. 

Edited by plymouthcranbrook

18 hours ago, T120 said:

While the 1951 Hirohata Mercury Custom is very nice, I was surprised at the selling price of $2,145,000.00... I happen to have a very pair of the Lincoln tail lights as were used in the customizing of the car, ?

Those are most likely the originals from the Hirohata car and must be worth a small fortune.$$$?  

Proof ? Type something else on some made up Barris Bros. stationary.?

Advertise them on some auction and see??  ?

DJ