'53 B-4TA-190 Fire Engine

Yeah those big Dodge's have some beefy parts on them.

The rear axle spindle sockets are avaiable at NAPA's etc. that deal with shops doing more of the heavy service work.

My Dodge has a air brake R300 Timken axle with 7" wide block shoes.

As I recall it used the six point 4" socket shown.

I have another Q300 and I think it used the other 3-3/4" socket shown...not positive though.

You need to use those sockets for sure....you don't want the drum and axle coming out!

c1_20220922_220720_     18368c1594a_3.jpeg

c1_20220922_220953_     18368c157b9_2.jpeg

10 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Yeah those big Dodge's have some beefy parts on them.

The rear axle spindle sockets are avaiable at NAPA's etc. that deal with shops doing more of the heavy service work.

My Dodge has a air brake R300 Timken axle with 7" wide block shoes.

As I recall it used the six point 4" socket shown.

I have another Q300 and I think it used the other 3-3/4" socket shown...not positive though.

You need to use those sockets for sure....you don't want the drum and axle coming out!

c1_20220922_220720_     18368c1594a_3.jpeg

c1_20220922_220953_     18368c157b9_2.jpeg

Next week I'll measure the 6 point nut with a caliper to get the size. It looks 4". The regional fire apparatus mechanic may have these actually. 

Still trying to track down these "lever pressure retainers". I'm gonna stop in a Fleetpride here and ask. Otherwise I wonder if the axle stamped code will help more than the dodge book. Calling White Post is my plan C haha.