Not finding the 6 volt electric fuel pump discussion

47Jim

I’m sure it’s here somewhere but I can’t dig properly to find it 

That’s where I’m at with my project, time to install an electric fuel pump on my stock 6 volt 230 with Langdon 2bbl carb

best model? 
Best methods to reduce noise, ALL the stuff, surely this topic has been worn out someplace 

12 hours ago, 47Jim said:

I’m sure it’s here somewhere but I can’t dig properly to find it 

That’s where I’m at with my project, time to install an electric fuel pump on my stock 6 volt 230 with Langdon 2bbl carb

best model? 
Best methods to reduce noise, ALL the stuff, surely this topic has been worn out someplace 

The search function on this site sucks to put it nicely. I find it easier to do a google search which will bring up articles on this site.

I’m going back to the mechanical pump. Been running an electrical pump on my truck, but if it does not get fluid in a few seconds it burns out. I will put up with the mechanical challenges, I’m in calif so the mild climate and my cars always in the shop or garage may be a benefit.  Also , to run an electrical pump safely, one needs an oil pressure cut off valve so the pump wont work after an accident. 

4 minutes ago, pflaming said:

I’m going back to the mechanical pump. Been running an electrical pump on my truck, but if it does not get fluid in a few seconds it burns out. I will put up with the mechanical challenges, I’m in calif so the mild climate and my cars always in the shop or garage may be a benefit.  Also , to run an electrical pump safely, one needs an oil pressure cut off valve so the pump wont work after an accident. 

True, an electric fuel pump running dry will burn out quickly, best to mount the electric fuel pump below the level to the bottom of the fuel tank. 

Edited by maok