Sold my 50 Plymouth 4 dr. - - On to finish my 50 Suburban.

DJ194950

I wanted to finish it while still able ? to complete my 50 Suburban that I had bought 26 years ago. Worked on it Slowly for about 12 years> Had Big ideas of street rodding it and slowly spend a lot of money on it.

I may do  a thread about what was done is what still needs to be done.

I may draw some interest but may also some haters as it does have a Chevy V-8 and 700 R-4 trans. Modern front suspension , R&P , AC, cruise, tilt wheel , power seat  installed .

When started I had never heard of this forum nor any contacts etc. for stock parts for repairs.  I have many times wished that I had known of these as I surely wish that I had done the stock repairs and had driven this car for many years now! 

Done is done and I still love the cars shape, design, and style which is why I bought the car so many years ago.!  I Hope to have a easily driveable car anywhere. If I can get it done?

If any wish to see where it is now and follow as I attempt to finish finish body work, paint, glass, interior replacements.??  Do have many early pics as I lost many years ago when my old computer crashed and I had not backed up at all!  ?

It will most likely be slow progress , unfortunately !

DJ

2 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

I wanted to finish it while still able ? to complete my 50 Suburban that I had bought 26 years ago. Worked on it Slowly for about 12 years> Had Big ideas of street rodding it and slowly spend a lot of money on it.

I may do  a thread about what was done is what still needs to be done.

I may draw some interest but may also some haters as it does have a Chevy V-8 and 700 R-4 trans. Modern front suspension , R&P , AC, cruise, tilt wheel , power seat  installed .

When started I had never heard of this forum nor any contacts etc. for stock parts for repairs.  I have many times wished that I had known of these as I surely wish that I had done the stock repairs and had driven this car for many years now! 

Done is done and I still love the cars shape, design, and style which is why I bought the car so many years ago.!  I Hope to have a easily driveable car anywhere. If I can get it done?

If any wish to see where it is now and follow as I attempt to finish finish body work, paint, glass, interior replacements.??  Do have many early pics as I lost many years ago when my old computer crashed and I had not backed up at all!  ?

It will most likely be slow progress , unfortunately !

DJ

Please post progress pics. I am doing a '52 Suburban with 360 Chrysler V8, 200R auto trans, Cavalier-type R&P, Ranger rear end (so I can have a working e-brake), A/C disk brakes, etc. It is all new to me- the nonstock fabbing, welding etc. is fun and challenging but a little scary.

I do body and paint and I live just up 99 from you. Let me know if you need a hand or if you have any questions. My time is spread thin but I can make it down there. Also, are you going to Turlock? If so, keep an eye out for a black 53 Plymouth business coupe. That'll be me. Good luck. 

42 minutes ago, allbizz49 said:

I do body and paint and I live just up 99 from you. Let me know if you need a hand or if you have any questions. My time is spread thin but I can make it down there. Also, are you going to Turlock? If so, keep an eye out for a black 53 Plymouth business coupe. That'll be me. Good luck. 

Thanks for the offer!!

I will keep you in mind for sure. I did a lot on painting in the past and can do small projects but overall finish- my back says no!  Some body mods done in the past will probally be redone, so time wise unsure.

My good friend that has my Suburban in his shop plans to bring it over here soon, But,- he is sick- Flu?- covid ??  He was recently exposed- so- will see where it goes???

Thanks again for the offer!!

DJ