Won't be posting here much longer.

knuckleharley

Went to see my cancer doc today. Missed the last 3 apointments due to being hospitalized. She told me that either my Lymphoa had returned and gotten MUCH more aggressive,or I have a new form of cancer to deal with.

Either way,it works out to me spending more time in the hopsital and having less time and energy to post. If you have never had cancer,I can tell you it makes you as weak as a kitten. Plus the pain pills cause me to keep taking naps.

Anyhow,I go back into the hospital again next week so they can take more tests to determine exactly what type of cancer is causing the trouble this time so they know how to treat it.

Not that it matters a whole lot. My cancer surgeon told me she was going to do her best,but chances are nothing is going to work,and for me to make sure my estate is in order.

I WILL be posting photos and "for sale" ads for both my 37 Dodge 1.5ton 4x4 pu  and my restored 31 Plymouth business coupe,though. The Dodge has to be assembled after the body work and paint are done. It is sitting on a 79 Dodge 1/2 Ton 4x4 chassis with a new Mopar crate 318,rebuilt auto overdrive,ps.and PB.

The 31 Plymouth coupe is stone stock,and I sincerely hope that whoever buys it will keep it that way.

I will probably sell the 33 Plymouth coupe "50's hot rod" I was putting together when I got sick. The 56 DeSoto 330 hemi,2 speed auto trans,6 carb intake,and everything else I have collected will be for sale with this one. As the ads sometimes say "Some assembly required". Right now it is at a body shop to be blasted and primed to preserve it. The body is complete with fenders,running board,and rumble lid.

Wish I could hang around and respond more,but I just don't have the energy anymore.

Edited by knuckleharley
spelling errors
  • Sad 4

OOPS! Forgot to add that I HOPE to have the Dodge truck back together as a running and finished truck when it goes up for sale. All the mechanical work has already been completed,and the body work is about half done. ALL new patch panels,and the only body plastic is what will be used to fill grind marks.

The 31 Plymouth coupe is complete,and only needs a brake job,the fuel pump rebuilt,and the gas tank flused and coated to be a 100 percent complete running and driving car. I have the new brake parts and the fuel pump rebuild kit stored in the trunk. This is the one I was working on when I got too sick to work anymore.

The 33 Plymouth coupe will be a basically complete "50's hot rod project car". Thus,"some assembly required".

Sad to hear of your prognosis Knuckleharley. Sounds like you have a good attitude considering what you are coping with. I too enjoy your posts here.

We're all rootin' for good news as you kick cancer in the a s s.

3 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Anyhow,I go back into the hospital again next week so they can take more tests to determine exactly what type of cancer is causing the trouble this time so they know how to treat it.

Knucklehead, 

Put a good plan together just in case and don't go quietly into the night. I hope to hear some good news soon.

You are dealing with this as prescribed, with courage. Never nice to get a bad cancer diagnosis but making arrangements is only that. Look that cancer in the eye and say “b***** off”. I feel we know each other through your posts and the occasional messages. I am wishing the best for you!!

Edited by RobertKB

On 12/27/2021 at 6:22 PM, knuckleharley said:

Went to see my cancer doc today. Missed the last 3 apointments due to being hospitalized. She told me that either my Lymphoa had returned and gotten MUCH more aggressive,or I have a new form of cancer to deal with.

Either way,it works out to me spending more time in the hopsital and having less time and energy to post. If you have never had cancer,I can tell you it makes you as weak as a kitten. Plus the pain pills cause me to keep taking naps.

Not that it matters a whole lot. My cancer surgeon told me she was going to do her best,but chances are nothing is going to work,and for me to make sure my estate is in order.

I WILL be posting photos and "for sale" ads for both my 37 Dodge 1.5ton 4x4 pu  and my restored 31 Plymouth business coupe,though. The Dodge has to be assembled after the body work and paint are done. It is sitting on a 79 Dodge 1/2 Ton 4x4 chassis with a new Mopar crate 318,rebuilt auto overdrive,ps.and PB.

The 31 Plymouth coupe is stone stock,and I sincerely hope that whoever buys it will keep it that way.

I will probably sell the 33 Plymouth coupe "50's hot rod" I was putting together when I got sick. The 56 DeSoto 330 hemi,2 speed auto trans,6 carb intake,and everything else I have collected will be for sale with this one. As the ads sometimes say "Some assembly required". Right now it is at a body shop to be blasted and primed to preserve it. The body is complete with fenders,running board,and rumble lid.

Wish I could hang around and respond more,but I just don't have the energy anymore.

Sorry to hear that.  Would have responded sooner but don't look into off-topics too much.  That's devastating news.  ?

16 hours ago, John Rogers said:

You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, JerseyHarold said:

My thoughts are with you.

Thank you!

Knuckleharley, It saddens me greatly to learn that your health has taken a wrong turn...I'm kinda at a loss for words, please know that my thoughts are with you also... Along with other members of this forum, I'll be looking forward to your continuing posts as you are able. Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Might be going into a hospice within a couple of weeks if the new treatment doesn't work,and my surgeon has already told me she doesn't expect it to work.

As a result keep an eye open for Mopar cars and trucks for sale in "as is condition".d p

Besides the 37 Dodge 1.5 ton pu on the 76 Dodge 4x4 chassis,this will include my 48 club coupe that caught fire under the hood and has since had dashboard parts stolen. Ivt has a 78 Camaro frame clip and I have a balanced and blueprinted 412 SBC to go with it that has big valve heads,competition cams cam,10 to 1 flat top pistons,and a rebuilt turbo 350 with a shift kit and heavy duty clutches to go with it. Used to run this engine in a 1 ton Chevy van,and it would freaking fly.

Also my all original 31 Plymouth biz coupe that is an older restoration,my 33 Dodge 4 door stone stock down to original paint, my rough 42 Dodge biz coupe,and my rough 33 Plymouth coupe.

The 37 truck was supposed to have been finished by Aug of 2020,and I think the guy is stalling and hoping to get it for mechanics lien after I die. I do have a surprise in order for him if that is his plan. He is also stalling on putting new brakes and a rebuilt fuel pump  on the 31 coupe. I see progress on one of them by this time next week or I am taking them both away from him and lettting him sue my estate in court if he wants.

BTW,is there ANY business more corrupt that restoration shops,or am I the only one that has had nothing but bad luck dealing with them?

L Front.jpg

L-FRONT.jpg

NC LF.jpg

L Front.jpg

Right Side.jpg

Edited by knuckleharley

I have to say that although I am not a fan of restomods in general your truck is an exception to that rule. Really looks good.  As an aside the only restoration shop I ever dealt with for anything(frame repair) actually did an excellent job. Not even a little cheap but work well done. I too have heard tales of horror especially from the folks at the AACA site.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook

The only problem I have with the guy doing the truck is he will stop working on my truck in an instant to do a "quick money job" for someone that shows up today. Damn thing was supposed to have been finished "No later than Aug 1 2020." 

Now I think he is purposely stalling on finishing the wiring,body work,and paint because he knows I am dying,and hopes to get it for a mechanics lien. 

NOT going to happen. Bodywork and paint is going to be done by mid-Feb,or I am taking it back and trying to find someone else to finish it. Chances are it will be the new owher,though.

NEVER seen or heard of ANY profession as slack as the restoration lobby. About the only way you can get those SOB's to move fast is to set fire to them.

He is going to be in for a REALLY ugly surprise if he tries to pump up my bill and keep the truck that way. 

Damn shame you can't sue the SOB's for non-compliance with an agreement,the way they can sue us for inflated surprise bill payments. They hide behind "unexpected difficulty and expenses" and somehow get away with it.

Once had a 40 Ford at another shop for over a year,and they never even got it pused inside. Went to check one day and strangers had the hood,truck,and doors open to look,and even had a kid standing on the seat and jumping up and down while making motor noises. I took it home the next day,and damned if the SOB didn't try to charge me storage fees!

Seems like all he did was use the car to draw in potential customers for his engine machine shop work.

• Like 2

It’s hitting me hard to read these posts @knuckleharley . Seeing your unfinished work. Hearing about your prognosis.  Its challenging to accept.  Its hard to know what to say. 

I want to say again I have enjoyed your posts and our interactions. Ive been thinking about you. Please keep posting if you feel like it. We’ve got your back.

I’m taking a minute to pray for you right now Mopar brother. 

• Like 3

Reading your posts through “my lurking years and they were a lot” helped me break through and join both the old Plymouth’s and this forum. Always will be grateful for your really great answers and sage. Hang in there and see those last projects find closure!!!  I’m rootin for ya !!!