Important Login Change Starting Jan 1, 2022

Sponsored By  

IPS (the forum software vendor) is now strongly recommending disabling username log ins and using the registration email instead.  Because the usernames are publicly exposed they become a security risk. This login change will be implemented with the new year starting on the first. Your username will still be displayed after logging in. 

If you have forgotten your registration email go to Settings - Account Setting under your username in the upper right hand corner. Also if you registered with an email address you no longer use this is a good time to update to your current email. 

• Like 1

In regards to changing email registration information, how will this be handled later, if a person changes email providers?  (I assume that one would need to plan to have both email address active during a transition period, unless it is possible to request an effective  change date.)

24 minutes ago, Eneto-55 said:

In regards to changing email registration information, how will this be handled later, if a person changes email providers?  (I assume that one would need to plan to have both email address active during a transition period, unless it is possible to request an effective  change date.)

If you get locked out just email info@p15-d24.com with the new info and I can update in the admin center. 

16 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

will our current password for the username match the e-mail name internally for log in first time?

Yes, no password changes.

So what you’re saying is the system is going to log everybody out at midnight, and then we’re all going to have to login with our email address and our current password. Correct?

5 hours ago, Ulu said:

So what you’re saying is the system is going to log everybody out at midnight, and then we’re all going to have to login with our email address and our current password. Correct?

First off it won't be happening at midnight, sometime during the day. 

I don't think the change will automatically log you out, probably just the next time you log in or the server gets restarted. 

Many times I don't have control on the server restarts as they are done by the ISP when they apply software and security updates on their systems. 

If you know your registration email it should be pretty painless. 

For those of us who haven't logged out in nearly 20 years, what will the new drill be?  

Speaking of 20 years or more, is this wonderful and helpful great site coming up on a significant anniversary?  When did this forum initially go live?

I think you will find there are members who have logged in with a username and password, that have not logged in  with an email address for years and 

now cant log in.  Potentially because they no longer have the original email address they used to sign in.

Best bet to email you at info@p15-d24.com  ?  i know at least two members -  50plymouth being one emailed me saying they couldnt log on and wanted to

comment on a post on my blog.

Tim

3 hours ago, timkingsbury said:

I think you will find there are members who have logged in with a username and password, that have not logged in  with an email address for years and 

now cant log in.  Potentially because they no longer have the original email address they used to sign in.

Best bet to email you at info@p15-d24.com  ?  i know at least two members -  50plymouth being one emailed me saying they couldnt log on and wanted to

comment on a post on my blog.

Tim

Just have them email me at info@p15-d24.com with the username,  old and new emails addresses and I can update their profile from the admin center. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 3:07 PM, P15-D24 said:

Launch date was November 17, 1998

Wow.  I didn't have internet at all until January 2005, and that was dial-up, so very little browsing, just email.  (For those who never had dial-up, if there are any who went straight to full internet, dial-up meant that you could not use the telephone while you were on the internet, or sending or receiving email.)  Had that for two years, until January 2008, when I started a business.  Then somewhere along the line my brother told me about this site, and I think it was around March of 2010 when I joined here, probably after lurking for awhile, as that was my pattern with other sites, being rather reluctant to post.  (I was first on an A Bodies forum, after having bought a '75 Dodge Dart.)