things you resolve to do

Plymouthy Adams

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

After looking at the track record of the "experts" making that claim, I don't believe it.

Maybe.

In my local area the adult vaccination rate is about 70%. So about 30% are unvaccinated. At present 85% of the adults hospitalized for COVID in my area are unvaccinated (88% unvaccinated in the ICUs). You can multiply those out however you want but it is pretty obvious to me that if the 30% unvaccinated are taking up 85% of the COVID beds in the local hospitals that being vaccinated helps a lot.

If you believe those numbers, which are being played, imo. 

I find it very interesting that there is no treatment protocol. 

According to the CDC there are the symptoms

• Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

Now you show up to your doctor with any of those symptoms they have a treatment for them, unless you have covid then you are told go home, hide and if it gets worse go to the emergency room.  It's no wonder the emergency rooms are full.

A new resolution:

I will not post herein my political opinions on the Covid business. People would be scandalized. The thread would suffer. I would be censured.

If you really wanna know or share these things which are not appropriate here, you can check the Mossberg Owners forum. I have a different name there but you’ll recognize my cars.

Otherwise, I said I would fix up the Scout this year and I have started on it already. I have uncovered it and opened it up and looked it over and pumped up the tires and pulled out all my IHC shop manuals and Scout literature.

CD26E2C0-A588-4F18-9F20-16F81EF38D2F.jpeg.3f899ec133179575db407bd50d6e6fdc.jpeg

Edited by Ulu

Dont know the politics, but I’m just recovering from covid type effects on top of the Lyme infection and iit has been a TOUGH time. I think I turned the corner yesterday, feeling more human today.

Best to all, these are not the “best of times”! 

Paul, I am very sorry to hear you’ve been feeling so poorly. I don’t want to imply to anyone that I don’t believe that covid is real.

I had the shots and I may or may not have had the disease. It’s hard to tell, as the symptoms are so common to all such maladies.

I never had a test either. My wife did and she tested negative twice. This would seem to tell me that I haven’t had it, because she would’ve got it from me.  

Well after some thought I guess I will jump in to add that my wife and I had dodged  Covid since it started and got all the shots as soon as available. None the less my wife’s Boss(she works in a small three person business where everyone has their own room) texted her last Thursday that his wife had tested positive. Everyone went to work but stayed apart. On Friday he texted to let her know he was positive as well.  Both of them triple vaxxed. On Friday night my wife started to feel crappy and took one of our two covid tests. Negative.  So I went and had my second shingles vaccine Saturday. Started to feel sick Saturday night, severe headache, fever?,  runny nose, etc. By Sunday morning my symptoms were subsiding and gone by Monday. My wife’s symptoms continue but diminished much like a regular cold. She did test positive for Covid on Sunday.  So as far as I am concerned the shots were worth it.  We both have enough wrong with us to make serious complications likely. Obviously all of you do what you like but I hope you all do as well as possible. 

FWIW, I've had all three Covid shots.  Then got Covid at least twice afterwards.  First time was sniffles for three days, and a sinus headache one day.  Got it from my wife who was laid out with it for two weeks.  Where she got it could be construed as a political dig, so I'll not disclose that.  Second time was just a one night sinus headache, don't know where that one came from.  At home test was positive for both of those, didn't get anywhere near sick enough to bother the medical profession with it.  I still have a pretty stout constitution, so no telling if the mild symptoms were due to that, or due to the vaccines.  Still, I'm not pro or con with the vaccines, I'm "it's your choice".  

• Like 3

Well, I am on the recovery side of the slope now.  I fell much better but that first night I woke up feeling really horrible.  Spent most of the next couple of days sleeping. 

I got extorted into taking the vaccine due to work, if I hadn't had child support to sweat I would have walked.  So much for the vaccine. 

Anyway, I am back.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it .... just kind of a scary time to get sick knowing it may or may not be covid.

If it is covid, how will it affect The person? Just knowing that everybody is different and depending on health ...

Just now, Sniper said:

I got extorted into taking the vaccine due to work, if I hadn't had child support to sweat I would have walked. 

I agree with you 100% I have no intentions of taking the vaccine myself.  If I was still working & job depended on it ... that's a game changer.

I was only able to get in and out a little bit the past several days myself,  but I have been mostly grumping around the garage and the house with a very stiff neck and unexplained inflammation. 

It did not stop me from welding a shaft or going out for car parts, but I didn’t sleep well either. I have wanted to spend some time practicing with the TIG welder and making parts for the project car but I haven’t felt good enough for that.

I don’t think this is about Covid because I’ve been breathing normally. I haven’t had any fevers. At least it seems to be going away. My wife went for a Covid test and she was negative so I’m assuming I don’t have it either.

20 minutes ago, Ulu said:

It did not stop me from welding a shaft or going out for car parts, but I didn’t sleep well either. I have wanted to spend some time practicing with the TIG welder and making parts for the project car but I haven’t felt good enough for that.

w00t tig welder!   Someday I would like to pick up the pieces needed to add tig to my welder. Need the torch, hoses and think would want a foot pedal.

I really hope to learn to use my welder more efficiently this year. Trying to self teach mig welding. Mine just has too many knobs.

I almost regret buying this machine. A Lincoln or miller has 2 knobs, left runs the heat & right runs wire speed. Dead simple.

0128221321.jpg.86082aa98cdbb3d39cb25c4cc0c7e6d1.jpg

I have mine set to man 2T ... most basic setting

SYN 2T is automagic mode where the welder chooses the heat & speed for the metal

Man 4T is where you hit the trigger once and the welder does continuous welding & hit the trigger again for it to stop.

Same with SYN 4T, automagically detects the metal and trigger is a off/on switch

Every time you change the middle knob it changes the settings of the left & right knobs.

Currently I am out of gas and need to fill the bottle, so set up on flux core because I built a gate last month .... Switching from AC to DC & now all the knobs do something different.

I feel I have a decent welder, just a little complicated to learn on. Good ole Lincoln or Miller with 2 knobs would look good about now  :D

I

1 hour ago, Ulu said:

I was only able to get in and out a little bit the past several days myself,  but I have been mostly grumping around the garage and the house with a very stiff neck and unexplained inflammation. 

Are you getting Arthritis? The cold weather makes my joints hurt and move slower. I have to deal with it and not why I am disabled but at some point alone would disable me.

Colder weather sure stops me from working ... Was 25 this morning, Now is 53 and can go out & work.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, &  there’s a history of arthritis on my mom’s side of the family, but I also have a history of sports injuries.

I got hurt playing basketball, riding skateboards and motorcycles, and just doing things about the shop that involved me getting bashed by something. Knee injury from football, ankle injury from doing yoga.

I’ll be 67 soon & I just kind of collected these things over time. If they don’t kill you outright, they fill up your capacity to absorb abuse.

But of the things that bothers me most is a bone spur on the right elbow that I got from sitting at a computer desk for about 40 years. It seems to of abated somewhat since I retired from that.

Edited by Ulu

1 hour ago, sidevalvepete said:

Getting old ain't for sissies.....

Seems like we have all veered off Tim's thread though.....?

Maybe the underlying theme then is resolving to staying as healthy as possible. I had the vid right after Thanksgiving. Was no fun but got past it and managed not to share with the rest of the fam

• Like 2