Do I Need To Create A New Account Here?

keithb7

It seems my keithb7 account can no longer upload any photos. I have reached my maximum allotted uploaded file size capacity for this web site. 

I do reduce all my image sizes. I don’t like to post links to photos stored to other online image hosting sites. These web site addresses change, then images are not visible in the future here. 

So I think I’m tapped out. I do post quite a few images. I guess, too many.

Wondering  if anyone else has experienced this here on this site?

This action seems punitive for an active member. 

Edited by keithb7

Go to your account and then My Attachments. It shows what percentage of attachments space you have used. You can certainly delete some of your earlier ones if you want to free up space. 

I don’t think it’s meant to be punitive. This forum probably isn’t cheap to run by a private person and space costs. 

I make the occasional donation to help out but don’t mind deleting old posts to help with administrative costs. 

yes, if they deleted the attachment in their profile or the link they had taken from the web went bust....you get the small icon and nothing else.   For the most part I would think a PM to a person with a missing image in regard to an issue would show you are doing your research and they would be able to assist you in PM form.  DO NOT FORGET....attachments in PM form go against your count and often the other party will leave the conversation and thus the link/image is literally dead for all practical purposes....just delete these to free up hosting space...

You are at 99% of your image storage quota.  The site provides a complimentary amount to encourage including images with posts. However disk storage cost money and is not unlimited. In fact I don't know of any forum site that provides any free image storage. 

Solution Is to post your images on external storage site and use the Link function so they appear in the thread.  Also usually your ISP provided you a personal web server and disk space where you can storage images as part of your ISP package and again use the Link function. 

On a side note one of the reason for trying the new awards systems earlier this week was members could earn "benefits" based on activity, like an active member would get additional storage space. However everyone pretty much pissed on that plan, so it's on hold.

If you try to set up another account usually it will be stopped due to a duplicate IP address.

• Thanks 1

Be sure you reduce the size of uploaded images to prevent hitting the attachment quota. I have about 100 images in the bank but have used only 11% of my quota. I upload images at 1024 dpi wide and 72 dpi resolution and moderate compression which is a small file but still displays crisply at nearly full-screen. With these parameters I would be able to upload nearly 900 images before I ring the bell. Uploading at full phone resolution adds up quickly.

Edited by Sam Buchanan

3 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

You are at 99% of your image storage quota.  The site provides a complimentary amount to encourage including images with posts. However disk storage cost money and is not unlimited. In fact I don't know of any forum site that provides any free image storage. 

Solution Is to post your images on external storage site and use the Link function so they appear in the thread.  Also usually your ISP provided you a personal web server and disk space where you can storage images as part of your ISP package and again use the Link function. 

On a side note one of the reason for trying the new awards systems earlier this week was members could earn "benefits" based on activity, like an active member would get additional storage space. However everyone pretty much pissed on that plan, so it's on hold.

If you try to set up another account usually it will be stopped due to a duplicate IP address.

Thanks for everything you do! I really appreciate the best forum on the web. Members and their cars benefit greatly from its use! Without you and this forum, the Mopar world would be a much poorer place. I encourage forum members, if they have not already done so, to make a donation to keep the forum viable. 

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 2

I seem to be the kiss of death to anything to do with computers and websites.  Even the words "on line" give me a chill.

If I were faced with what Keith  is up against I would simply  withdraw.   That is where it is for me.

Hopefully Keith will persist and work around the problem.  I have enjoyed all his posts. I enjoy this forum. However,

I cannot recall ever posting a picture on this site, although I have tried.   

That is where I am.   

I deleted 250 photos tonight. I guess I had about 950 photos. I am now at 75% capacity.  I get it that web sites can't offer unlimited data. I don't feel special or self entitled to have more data. I just enjoy contributing to this site. Many good people here.

@P15-D24

I do like the idea of active members who have good credibility able earn to more storage data. Why let a few bad-apple kill the plan? I suggest you carry on. People do have to adjust to changes. We don't like to, but we will.

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3